Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1 45ppl me been a tilty donk

Old
$1 45ppl me been a tilty donk - Sun Jul 15, 2012, 08:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=E7FC2C644E

The ultimate stupidity and tilt from me was one of my last $2,tilted away as normal,cashed in then thought oh well it ok i won some this $58 irrelevant now.

Damn im bad, grrr kick myself im to good do be doing crap like this.kick kick kick

Any way my question to you, should i stop making moves,are the moves or to many moves putting me into trouble,is that my tilt, am i thinking i can win everything,

Should i preflop be making plays like this?

IS my range a bit to weak ?do i need to drop to 1 gappers,use the cut off and button more rather than the hijack?

reads on opp not important for the question but was tag as most

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
We already replied to all these questions
So go back and read them

It's no use

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi holdemace!

Q7s from mid position is an instant muck for me preflop.
If I was going to play the hand (which I would not), I would make my standard raise, to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I would raise to 450.

I flop top pair with a bad kicker and now the opp leads into me. Much more often than not, this will be a Q with a better kicker, so I'm mucking on the flop to any tight opp. If the opp was playing very loose, then I might flat their bet, but I'm definitely not raising.
The larger payouts are to the top 3 and I want to preserve my top 3 chip stack.

On the turn, with an overcard on the board, there is no way to know that I've got the best hand (with the prior actions, I most likely already had the worst hand), so I do not want to put another chip into the pot at all... let alone go all-in when I most likely have the worst hand.

Don't know what you mean about 1-gappers and your range. Q7 cannot even make a straight, as it's a 5-gap. A 1-gap hand would be for example Q 10, 97, 35.

Also, to answer your question about preflop plays like what was made... I would NOT try anything like this preflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 04:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
We already replied to all these questions
So go back and read them

It's no use

Sorry but what Trap says here is really all I have left at this point as well.

Seriously holdem,watching you just endlessly run on the same treadmill,doing the same boneheaded things over and over and over again and expecting different results is tiring.

I've finally put my finger on what it reminds me of---it's like watching the scene in a horror movie where the archetypal bubble headed blond who will be the second or third last person to be slaughtered is creeping around the spooky mansion and we keep seeing the killer in the background and are screaming at the screen, telling her to get the Hell out of there, but we know all along that the axe is going to inevitably end up in her dunderhead.

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
(#5)
thx john for your great analysis and understanding.

Sandtrap and mox,every hand is different, every question is different,

The answer john as given me, i should not be making plays like this,fullly understood,

How am i suppose to improve if i dont rewiew my own plays and ask for a second opinion,

I all ready stated this a donk hand, i played terrible, tilty and all the rest

I have some qaulity played hands in my emails but no point analysis on a winning hand

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 06:19 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
thx john for your great analysis and understanding.

Sandtrap and mox,every hand is different, every question is different,

The answer john as given me, i should not be making plays like this,fullly understood,

How am i suppose to improve if i dont rewiew my own plays and ask for a second opinion,

I all ready stated this a donk hand, i played terrible, tilty and all the rest

I have some qaulity played hands in my emails but no point analysis on a winning hand

Here's what's NOT different...

The 6 Steps of the (inevitable) Holdemace Meltdown

1. I'm going to impart some discipline into my game via BR management and game selection and proper play.

2. I've met with a little success. Time to cast Step 1 to the four winds.

3. These donkey players keep getting lucky against me. It must be that the RNG is rigged for action or something as I KNOW I'm good when I want to be so it can't be MY play or just normal variance. Well that or I just don't care once I do well and seem to sub-consciously enjoy donking my roll off.

4. I've leaked off 1/2 to 2/3's of what it took me a couple/few weeks to grind up in just 2-3 sessions. I'll show them,I'll put it all on one or two tourney entries or book a couple of cash sessions well out of my BR range.

5. I'm busto. It wasn't my fault this time,it really wasn't. I'm done. I quit. GL all and thanks for putting up with my madness.

6. I'm back and I'm going to stick with Step 1 and I really,really,really,really mean it this time.

Look familiar?

This is NOT me having a go at you this IS me asking (telling...) you to think about what was said earlier...

...how/why do you do the same exact things over and over again and expect the end result to change?

That's the definition of something you know...

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 06:31 PM
(#7)
lol mox i here ya, and i know mate, im still practising though,see something i practice it, i have a new goal lol,

this year i intend to carry on working on my game and put my bad habbits to rest with the help of proffesionals, which before pokerschool i only had videos to watch.

I was self taught, no one showed me the inns and outs until now.

Technical terms i had never heard of etc,

I will get there, planning on 2013 now,and hopefully by then my issues will be resolved and I will make pokerschool proud of me, and all the people who helped me along the way.

I respect all of you on here, you have created me and shown me how to win,

Mental issues of the game only I can deal with that, but your help and everyones as helped me.

thx

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 06:43 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
1) Sounds like your $$$$$$$$ torney filter needs fine tuning.
2) Sounds like your slide-bar cookie jar bet bar is malfunctioning.
3) If above is not faulty....see 4)
4) Stop ignoring the feedback of these other learned respectable Poker Players. They are trying to help you. What a great story it would be to see some time elapse..... full of positive posts, wishing u continued success with applied advice.

All the best
Steve

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com