Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

AK off suit

Old
AK off suit - Sun Jul 15, 2012, 01:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi everyone,

Just playing my first few SNGs, and was wondering if a played a certain hand right.
I had Ace king off suit, thus I raised the bet x4 BBs. Someone behind me raised again. I decided at this point (as to call would be more than 1/3rd of my stack) to go all in. The person had AA and I went bust. Should I have folded when the person behind me raised?

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 01:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi marino563!

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link that will help to get you familiar with the options that are offered at PSO.

The easiest way to look into hands that are played are to get the hand history from PS (can be done from the client under the requests tab, then Hand History. They will then be e-mailed to you. Also, they can be instantly saved to your computer from the options tab, then instant hand history options. Once you have the hand history, then you can go to the tools tab at the top of the PSO pages, which is where the hand replayer is and there is a link to the instructions on how to use it there.
Once the hand is in the replayer, then you can post the link into the appropriate hand analysis section (cashgames, tourneys, other games than NLHE) along with any reads that you have on the opps (as those will be used to help determine the optimum play). One of the hand analyzers will then go thru the hand and give our opinion on how we'd play the hand... along with any members that would like to post too.

From the info on the AK hand (chip stacks, blinds and opp's chip stacks would be relevant info that could change my reply), but without that information, I'm most likely going to shove AK there too.... but that may not be the case depending on where I'm at in the tourney and the opps.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
ah thanks, sorry i didn't notice the specific place to post my hands, i will do so in the future. I can see this forum being very useful!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com