Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

STT, 77, bad fold on the bubble?

Old
STT, 77, bad fold on the bubble? - Mon Jul 16, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Did this fold, maybe I could raise/fold. Was second in chips and I prefer to fold instead of to fight against the big stack. The vilain was a few loose. What do you think about this fold?

Old
Mon Jul 16, 2012, 01:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ahcrata!

How was the opp playing? Were they raising every hand or playing every hand?

Unless the opp was shoving/raising all the time, I'm going to make my std raise, to 450 (3BB). By keeping my bets the same, the opp won't know what type of hand that I have, as I'll make the same raise with AA, 77, AK or a bluff. This way, I get to see the flop and can re-evaluate and try to outplay the opp after the flop. If the opp is loose and would not automatically raise me, I want to see a flop, as I could easily have the best hand.
By making the std raise, it also gives me an out to get off the hand if I miss.. without losing 2nd chip position and the one thing that I do not want to do with a marginal made hand is to lose my chip position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com