Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

STT $ 1,50, KTo, Pos Flop?

Old
STT $ 1,50, KTo, Pos Flop? - Mon Jul 16, 2012, 11:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

This is hand where can I play pos flop? Think that push is good in the long run. What do you think about that? KJo+ is more suitable?

Old
Mon Jul 16, 2012, 02:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ahcrata!

With KTo in the big blind, when the SB completes, I'm going to check and see the flop. I don't know if I'm ahead or not and do not want to push because I'm not sure that I have the best hand and it would be my tourney life on the line.
The added bonus is that I get to play the rest of the hand IN position, so I can see what the opp does first and can react to it. That is a huge advantage that I want to be able to take full advantage of.

ex: if I miss the flop and the opp bets, then I can muck the hand without it costing me more chips.
If the opp checks, then the majority of the time they have missed the flop, so I can then make a standard 1/2 pot continuation bet..... whether I hit the flop or not.... and the opp won't have a clue as to whether or not they have the best hand and will most likely muck. If the opp calls a flop bet and I miss, then I can check/fold on the turn if I don't improve.

I'm going to check and see the flop here... I have over 10BB and do not want to value-own (fold out all the hands worse than me and keep in only the hands better than me) myself by shoving.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 16, 2012, 07:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
I think for me it would depend on Reads / history with the SB. If he was limping my blind every time I might shove to get him off my back.

Rob.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com