Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

STT $ 1,50, A5s, Bubble.

Old
STT $ 1,50, A5s, Bubble. - Tue Jul 17, 2012, 09:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

It's a good hand but the bubble situation is not so good. Which hands can I push here? AJs+ ?

Old
Tue Jul 17, 2012, 10:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello AH, personally in that spot you were in, my chips are going in and my fingers are crossed hoping they do not have a bigger ace.

When 3 way etc, lower starting hand strengths are stronger than when on a full table.

But more than worrying about this ,i would ask myself why I was so short stacked at this stage,

Was it an early mistake,was i too passive etc throughout the game

hope this helps

Old
Bubble Factor - Tue Jul 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcrata View Post
It's a good hand but the bubble situation is not so good. Which hands can I push here? AJs+ ?
As the short stack on the bubble, you have less tEV (tournament expected value) to lose than the 2 medium stacks. Therefore, you can shove A5s 4 handed, and expect the medium stacks to give you more respect than usual. Of course this is if you’re playing players that understand bubble play. The big stack at this table should be the only player playing back at you ‘light’.

For a better understanding of the ‘bubble factor’, read ‘Kill Everyone’ (chapter 6?). The book also has pushing and calling charts.

"May the cards be with you!"

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 01:29 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ahcrata!

Yes, it's the bubble, but I'm the lowest chip stack, so I need to be looking for a situation where I can accumulate chips to get into the top 3.

This is an early blind level to be down to 4 players already, which says to me that the larger stacks have probably been playing looser. If that's the case, then I'm going to play my suited ace here and make a standard raise to 300.

In this situation, I want to be playing hands that I can be gaining chips with, but with over 10BB left... I'm not open-shoving. If I open-shove with more than 10BB, then I'm going to most likely value-own myself... where only better hands will call and all the hands that I beat will fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com