Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

closed thread

Old
closed thread - Wed Jul 18, 2012, 02:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi mods, i just have had a post closed from comment etc,

I understand its your job to stop and remove anything that may be deemed to hurt Pokerstars in any manner.

However was this post really hurting pokerstars?

Closing the post actaully looks more wrong than right, no one on this forum willing to discuss anything about what i mentioned in my post.

I always thought Pokerstars was the leading Online poker site and as customers we have the right to ask questions, at the end of the day we as players pay the wages with our rakes.

The reason given was, this as been covered before, so that means nothing to any newbies on here they would not have seen this before.

Also when i mentioned it before my wording was rather more to the rigged side rather than a discussion.

And a post was made saying that if things were worded better then the topic could stay and openly be discussed.

So in honesty there is not much point to this forum for me if no one is willling to discuss poker related topics.

And poker related topics are not just how to play but other things as well.

Im shocked this post was closed

And no doubt to the post i get slammed

Why always,well mostly robotic answers, never a proper discussion.

I understand this is Pokerschool for Pokerstars, and some proffessionalism must be carried over to the school, but closing threads like this for no real reason makes yourselfs as a company look in denial and not to confident in your own software .

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 04:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I strongly disagree with many of the thread closures, however the closing of your complaints about the RNG is perfectly valid. All you have to do is bump one of the (MANY)other RNG complaint threads you've started.

We've been over and over and over it with you. Nobody needs to explain any if this to YOU anymore. You don't accept what you've been told and that's that. However, if a newbie comes here with questions about the RNG, I'm sure their thread will be left open long enough for us to take care of their concerns and hopefully set them straight.

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 04:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
this obvs isnt the place for this dicussion just go to other forums were it will not get deleted hope this helps

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 05:52 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Were I you I would request that instead of merely closing the thread that they take the step of deleting in so as not to have the 100% unassailable evidence that after a year,despite the efforts of everyone here who has ever tried to help you,you haven't learned a damned thing.

That post was tripe holdem.

You want to have a real discussion on odds and percentages then post your HH's.

As to why the RNG is on version 6...I don't know holdem,maybe a simple software upgrade? Could that possibly be the reason or is it that they just wanted to make sure and equip the new and improved "screw holdem" version?

One thing that DOES NOT change,from version 1 to 6 and beyond is HOW the RNG deals the hand---the hand is shuffled,the deck is SET,the cards are then dealt.

It doesn't give the slightest scintilla of a rat's ass what you,me,Shaun Deeb,tencat,the man on the moon or anyone else does during the hand. The cards are already predetermined,our actions non-withstanding.

You can either accept this and work to improve YOUR game or continue to blame extraneous factors for your shortcomings.

The post was closed because it probably read as "spammy",argumentative and non-pertinent to any real poker discussion to the Staff. And this is coming from one of the current administrations biggest critics.

I'm not one to ever be in favor of the closing of any thread (save for extremely vulgar language or threads devolving into drawn out personal insult fests---well actually I used to rather enjoy,and participate ,in some of those back in the day...) but where you were going and wanted to go with that thread was pointless and,to be perfectly blunt,rather juvenile.

I mean come on..."I'm not saying it's rigged but...it's rigged...". That was basically the gist of your offering and to call it scatological would be to give it more credit than it deserves.

So maybe that's why they closed it.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Jul 18, 2012 at 05:55 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi holdemace!

There are a number of reasons as to why a mod would close a thread. These can be anywhere from a topic going off-base, rants, member insults, etc. These types of posts could also result in a warning, infraction or ban for the member.

A rant about the integrity of the RNG, that has been certified by a third party (Cigital), especially from a member that has had many similar posts in the past is going to get closed or deleted.

We want to have any and as many good poker discussions as possible, as this is a poker school and we want ALL of the members to be able to learn how to play better. The more of these poker discussions that we have, the more that all of us can learn, which will hopefully make us all better players.

A post about the integrity of the RNG (which is identical to saying that the hands are rigged) is not accomplishing this, and that was the reason for closing the post.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 07:40 PM
(#6)
+999999999999999999999999999 to any mod closing a RNG rigged forum Thread - keep up the solid work!

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 07:53 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
Holdemace has a point.

I'm fairly sure it was he who claimed to have had 100 straight All-in pre with AA vs xx lose. Although he never provided proof of this, there were some (well one) who believed this.

The chances of this happening without a rigged deck are so infinitely small I can't be bothered to work it out again (at least 0.2*100).

So either Holdemace has a point and Pokerstars is rigged against him or.....................................

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentire View Post
Holdemace has a point.

I'm fairly sure it was he who claimed to have had 100 straight All-in pre with AA vs xx lose. Although he never provided proof of this...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahaah ahahha *DEEP BREATH* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH *OMG OMG* AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHA

Anybody that says this OR believes it should hang their head in freaking shame
Ty for the giggles though

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
(#9)
Got it backwards Pentire.

frasierbeams made the claim and it was the "ace" who believed him...

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 07:59 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahaah ahahha *DEEP BREATH* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH *OMG OMG* AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHA

Anybody that says this OR believes it should hang their head in freaking shame
Ty for the giggles though

Sens what frasier actually said,and he stuck to this for like a 6 page thread, was:

A. He has lost 92% of the time he has been all-in HU with AA,pre-flop.

B. He also gets dealt AA 1 in every 30 hands,or roughly 7 times more (as I'm sure YOU know...) than the rest of the poker playing universe.

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 07:59 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Got it backwards Pentire.

frasierbeams made the claim and it was the "ace" who believed him...

I'm probably coming off really rude right now Moxie, but DAMN I have missed some of the stupidity in these forums. Some of these people are hilarious.

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 08:04 PM
(#12)
When I read stuff like that I think Stars is missing the boat big-time on a merchandising gold mine...

... Available now to all and sundry for a low,low price the "Official PokerStars Tin Foil Hat". *

*(one size fits all pointy little heads...)

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
I'm probably coming off really rude right now Moxie, but DAMN I have missed some of the stupidity in these forums. Some of these people are hilarious.

Funny how often "really rude" slams head on into "balls on accurate" though,isn't it?

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 08:09 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Sens what frasier actually said,and he stuck to this for like a 6 page thread
6 pages, so true, eh?

As they say in poker, when you're caught using deception, change tack and play it straight for a while before going back to your old tricks.

Hence the apparent new directive to JWK from PSO Admin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi holdemace!

A rant about the integrity of the RNG, that has been certified by a third party (Cigital), especially from a member that has had many similar posts in the past is going to get closed or deleted.

We want to have any and as many good poker discussions as possible, as this is a poker school and we want ALL of the members to be able to learn how to play better.

This IS a new way of handling RNG discussions from how they've been treated in the past from holdem, frasierbeams, horatio ... usually they're allowed and met with tips to give the thread-starter hope to not get discouraged. Probably PSO Admin's true goal to catch fish and quietly encourage them to keep playing hasn't changed, but there's been a decision to try and tone down the obvious for a while perhaps?

But I could understand why holdem's confused, when the response from the mods has in fact changed ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Wed Jul 18, 2012 at 08:12 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 08:35 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
6 pages, so true, eh?

As they say in poker, when you're caught using deception, change tack and play it straight for a while before going back to your old tricks.

Hence the apparent new directive to JWK from PSO Admin:

This IS a new way of handling RNG discussions from how they've been treated in the past from holdem, frasierbeams, horatio ... usually they're allowed and met with tips to give the thread-starter hope to not get discouraged. Probably PSO Admin's true goal to catch fish and quietly encourage them to keep playing hasn't changed, but there's been a decision to try and tone down the obvious for a while perhaps?

But I could understand why holdem's confused, when the response from the mods has in fact changed ...

Hey Sam.

As to how the Staff and consequently the Mods assigned to respond see fit to deal with the "it's rigged" crowd...well they're gonna do what they're gonna do and I'm not really too concerned with how they handle their business anymore or even what their objectives are...all I can go by in here is how I handle my day to day and what I can contribute. (This does not mean I'm blunting my efforts against this group by any means.)

So all I can go with is how I feel myself,me Moxie,about charges of "it's rigged" and whether or not they should be slapped down immediately and forcibly by US,as members interested in trying to help fellow members,especially newer ones who may be more susceptible to getting sucked into worrying about such claptrap.

And I'm always going to come out on the side of it's bull hockey and as long as you focus on stuff like this you're hurting yourself in your chances of growing as a player.

I mean think how long we've had to have this same discussion with holdem. I would hate to still be having that discussion with a new player who gets captured NOW by this stuff a year from now.

That's where I come from on this and it's where I always will come from on it. And I've been a little too...hmmm,let's say "positive"...in my thinking on this at times in the past for the taste of the powers what be around here and gotten the warnings and bans that accompany such posts.

But they do what they do and I does what I does.

World keeps on spinning.

One last thing I think in your post you're going in the direction of a why was frasiers' thread allowed to go on that long (it MAY have been longer even...) and yet holdem's was shut down so hastily and I think that is a great question and it's a bit disturbing that the one could go on and the other was kneecapped with such alacrity.

I'm on the side of leaving threads like this open myself and letting the discussion,warts,slings and arrows and all,go where it needs to go.

In other words the OLD forum way.

Alas for the days.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Jul 18, 2012 at 08:43 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 08:50 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar

Without your posts, this forum would be nothing - hopefully people agree, even when they don't always agree ... hope that made sense

I only made my post because of the 'apparent' 180 in protocol because it came across as one of those "trust me I'm innocent" moments to hear it be said that this board's reason for being was to encourage learning - I just don't feel that's quite true ... although yeah it's PSO's absolute right to say what they want.

It just stood out to me like a sore thumb ... anyways, I'm going back to lurking now - hope you're enjoying the summer and having good luck at the tables!!

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 09:20 PM
(#17)
Made sense enough to make me ...

And yeah the "consistency" thing around here is a big problem,1000% on board with you on that Sam.

Would that I could say that consistency was even in my Top 10 gripes with the current state of the Forum but that would be fibbing.

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 09:33 PM
(#18)
Since: Nov 2011
Again miss read and miss quoted english to a simple question that would be easy to answer if any of you actually knew.

You are completely wrong in your thinking about me, can none of you see on here all the very so often complaints about bad beats etc, why does pokerstars hate me for example,

Im the bad cop and you all suppose to be the good cop.

This thread should be closed mods, i asked the mods a question its the support section not arguement section.

My post was closed leave it at that, im not going to bother again trying to help Stars,

Do any of you actually think that avoiding discussions of this nature helps stars, the answer is no,

people want reasurance, it is online after all,

I do not need reasurance, but there is many that do, think about when you play the comments in the chat box unbeleivable at times.

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post

You are completely wrong in your thinking about me, can none of you see on here all the very so often complaints about bad beats etc, why does pokerstars hate me for example,
Listen man, people can only tell those who are obsessed with bad beats how wrong they are in so many ways. It's on them to pay some freaking attention and apply some freaking logic to the game.

Players who obsess over bad beats are just bad at poker, simple. They often have no grasp of how often certain hands are supposed to win and NEVER post screen shots of pokertracker or HEM proving their bogus claims.

Just ONCE I want to see one of these bad beat punks show some bloody stats from their poker software to prove what they claim, just once.

I have over 800k hands on pt4 and right now my All-in Equity is almost directly on the 50/50 line. In other words, I have won as often as I should, and lost as often as I should.

Drop the lame excuses. If bad beat players spent as much time working on their game, as they do crying about conspiracies, they would all be bloomin PRO's by now.

Old
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
can't you guys see your all wrong aboot him......hiccup

come on.....don't you all know once you know it all....your no longer able too learn a thing,

So please stop telling him....hiccup

cheers all

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com