Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

joining forum question

Old
joining forum question - Thu Jul 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi mods, my freind is here with me and trying to set up the forum for him as he wishes to join.

we have tried several times and its basically saying everytime that the user name and password do not match,so restarting stars, then its saying to register again,

no password change offered just register

his account just not registering?

does he have to wait for some one to confirm the registration or is it automative?

Old
Thu Jul 19, 2012, 01:03 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

You need a different password for joining the PSO forum that begins with a number - if I remember correctly.

The client software is separate but you use the same screen name for both.

Old
Thu Jul 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#3)
hi forrest and thx,yea i know that mate its just not working for him on my comp for some reason, think maybe security got a block on my ip or something, had trouble a bit ago bringing new players,

Informed them first this time though, so strange one mate

Old
Thu Jul 19, 2012, 01:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello Holdemace

As we have talked in the past I would strongly suggest you have your friend sign up from there own computer or you could run into some verification problems that could result in loss of your PSO and/or PokerStars account well these accounts are being verified.

When we see multi accounts from the same IP it can create a problem for all involved.

You may go on as you wish I just think this would be in your best interest moving forward.

If you have any more questions on this matter please feel free to PM myself or of the Mods.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 19, 2012, 01:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
It's moments like this when I have to,once again,make my request that PSO add a "face palm" Smilie to the offerings.

Old
Thu Jul 19, 2012, 01:35 PM
(#6)
thx tct. there was no problem setting his client up it was just pokerschool, its obviously a lot easier for me to show some one what to do than them fiquring out for themselves, i just wanted to help him on his way,

I have told him now to set up his pokerschool from his connection as i thought as much.

I still find it strange though, that from my computer i can not let a mate set up an account why he his here and as all the relevant id etc

but no problems your rules regardless how daft i think they are, so from now on if my freinds ask me about joining stars i will just not bother and tell the new customers i am bringing to not bother,

theres obvious not no point to refer a freind. thx anyway i understand.

Old
Thu Jul 19, 2012, 01:37 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
**closed**

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com