Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

poker book

Old
poker book - Thu Jul 19, 2012, 11:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
ok i have just spent all night reading my first poker book, this book i will not mention the name off or the aurthor but im sure the more advanced players and probably the novices know the book im talking about.

I have got to admit this book as seriously changed my mind about online poker and stars.

The aurthor of the book is obviously dillusional and i thought i was bad.

The book actually starts off ok with some standard solid poker advice,and then the aurthor gets into detail and claims the secrets to success.

But i stopped and thought and read what he was saying, and then got my tin foil hat out for protection aginst the foolish ideas this guy as,

I have seriously got to laugh, and think he needs help, he may want to read my recent blogg and there is the real truth to winning.

I now know why we get bad beats, I now know why people play muck, i now know why people are limping in everywhere,

This is a guide book for fools, and every little theory in the book i could easily protest. OH aurthor of THE BOOK you are so wrong, I think i may make a youtube video after all,just to show the world what a fool you are.

To the forum i opologise, this book as made me see sense, i am a winning player now this year, winning not through gimmicks or stupid made up theories, but straight forward been able to actually play the game.

thx to my freinds at pso

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 03:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Dude, you're a joke.

That's all it is. Plain and simple.

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 04:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
[QUOTE=holdemace486;357736]ok i have just spent all night reading my first poker book, this book i will not mention the name off or the aurthor but im sure the more advanced players and probably the novices know the book im talking about.

I have got to admit this book as seriously changed my mind about online poker and stars.

The aurthor of the book is obviously dillusional and i thought i was bad.

THOUGHT ????????????

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#4)
mc and gatehouse grow up and stop posting rubbish and insults on my posts,you are the joke for posting things like that on my post,

Insults to other members u need banmning and yes i am going to complain to the mods ,this is a good post,there is nothing wrong with this post,do you even know what book im talking about,

have you read it and beleive it?

that would make sense

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
(#5)
Oh come on HEA!!

Realy you create a post with I read a my first every poker book by a well known player and its wrong?

And

a) Why not name the book

b) Really, you want the author to read your blog to learn about poker.

c) you claim this is a serious post and you are suprised it has attracted criisims

It reads from start to finish as nothing more than an attempt to start a flame war. If this was not your intent I suggest draft your post the day before and have proof read then ask your reader what they think the main points of the post are.

If your main point was Is this book a joke, then you could have said

Hi Guys I was reading "Graden Crittall's" new book "NLHE for Imaginary people" and although the first few chapters seem good and standard with the advice i have come across in other spots, the later chapters are very differant, the author claims that if you sit in the 2 seat you will win more money.

Has anyone read this book and what do you guys think of it?

Or something like that (that book does not exist (I hope))

Grade b(Also known as Graden Crittall)

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 10:36 AM
(#6)
no B, i was just telling and saying i had read my first poker book, and yes hes apparently a famous online stars player, obviously no one seems to know the book im on about without saying it and im not going to say it as this book is redeeemed damaging in my book to stars.

So yes i will slam this author,

i swear the reading of english in my posts is well miss read always mate,

the two posts that are mocking me yet again,they have commented like yourself B and dont even know what im on about, i bet the mods know, i bet stars know, and a lot of players will know what im on about.

This book is bad B i will pm you the name and author ,i have the ebook if you want it?

But not advised and trying to warn people to stay away from this book as all his tin foil theories i can prove wrong,

and this book made me see sense into my tinfoil theories and how daft at times they are.

So if my english is miss read or miss interperted, should i be insullted B really?

in fact should i be insulted stop?

No i do not come on any1s post and call them a joke or whatever sarcasim they find fitting.

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 10:42 AM
(#7)
Ok so put in the bit that is wrong and the proof.

I await with baited breath.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 10:44 AM
(#8)
sent you pm B now you know look it up but do not mention this book on here as the post will be removed

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
but do not mention this book on here as the post will be removed
Now that sounds like a challenge for SuperJoker!!

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 10:53 AM
(#10)
Ok so put in the bit that is wrong and the proof.

I await with baited breath.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 10:56 AM
(#11)
ok b waiting for confirmation of the mods there is copy rights on the book so checking i can quote or not quote it

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 11:14 AM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
actually i'm a little curious about this book too. i could use a good laugh. would u pm me the name of it?

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#13)
hi ketchup yes i will send u a link to it when it will let me ,think we have pm server problems today,

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 11:44 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Holdem,

I would not advise posting links to the book, simply state the author and title, that should be fine.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 12:17 PM
(#15)
disclaimer-oK this book is called pokerstars cracked by robert eagle and all qoutes are credited to him and his book.

The main patterns to look for repeat often in sets of three. For
example, you win the 9th hand from when you sit down. You will most likely
win the 18th hand and 27th hand (providing you bet on them). It’s also
possible for the pattern to win the 8th hand 16th hand and 24th hand. Etc, etc.
(Obviously at different times.)

All you have to do is note which hands you’ve won or would’ve won.
Of course you need loose enough tables that see most of the flops. Also, if
you have a table where people are coming and going constantly, this will
naturally affect the pattern.

The patterns come in sets of two’s all the way to sets of fives. Most of
the time, they are in sets of threes however.

In my experience, you have about the first 200 hands to be able to
consistently track the patterns. After that it is time to move into another
table. If the table your at is weak and your making a killing, then there’s no
reason to leave, just rely more on your playing abilities than the patterns

Ok this is a qoute from his book,ok so alls we have to do is write down the hands we won and lost and continue to win just playing our selected winning pattern,
I stop you right there, as how can any one say the hands we lost or the hands we would of won,the fact its due to people folding preflop we could never establish if we would have won or lost unless all players where in the pot for the community cards as we do not and will never know what they have folded, so straight away first paragraphs your book and ideas are flawed and borderline as mad as me.
He also states that if you cash in you are stuffed for the next 2oo hands or more,wrong i cashed in and carried on to win.

There is no pattern to pokerstars, its as random as it gets with a set deck and not a constant shuffled deck as some of the other sites do.

I have researched this in depth, and fully understand the rng concept and how algorhythms work,
the truth is this guy as probably played way to many hours,and as a constant player as a winning blueprint in his brain, he thinks he reconises patterns when sub contiously he his just remembering his long term poker blueprint.

Like i said,the winning formula to poker is not huds,is not conspiracies but THE UNALTERED STATE OF THE MIND.

i HAVE A BLUEPRINT IN MY MIND I AUTOMATICALLY NO WHERE IM AT IN THE HAND AT ANY GIVEN TIME,AND THATS BECAUSE OF LOTS AND LOTS OF PLAY AND PRACTICE AND NOT PREDICTIONS.

This author contradicts himself several times in the book, he also shows us some hand history claiming his patterns, how ever if you read this book, and look at this you can see obviously that his claims of a pattern do not actually exist because lijke i said reality is people fold so how can anyone ever say OH THATS ONE I WOULD OF WON OR WOULD OF LOST WHEN THE POT IS HALF EMPTY

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 12:18 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi Holdem,

I would not advise posting links to the book, simply state the author and title, that should be fine.

Raiser
thx royal it was only a youtube link but no have not posted it anyway thx

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 12:30 PM
(#17)
ok,

I see the problem now.

When you said a poker book I was thinking of
"easy game vol 1 &2" by Andrew Seidman

Or "Harrington on holdem" by Dan Harrington

maybe "super system" by Doyle Brunson

Not a get rich quick type book.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 12:32 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi holdemace!

Once again, the RNG has been verified by Cigital, an independant company. Here is the link to the RNG information.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com