Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Micro mill ME

Old
Micro mill ME - Fri Jul 20, 2012, 06:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
I have a dilemma,
I was going to the Grosvenor walsall for a sunday £25 tourn,
I have played this twice and come 1st and 4th (40-45 players)
But have decided to spend the day with my partner, but she is happy for me to enter the MM ME later in the evening!
Bankroll is not a problem, ill just deposit for the one off tourn, its my OPR stats im worried about lol
I sort of rely on them to keep me on the right track, and this tourn will mess them up,
Should I stop being so **** about OPR and just enjoy the ME?

Old
Main event - Fri Jul 20, 2012, 09:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
If you final table the Main Event will you really care about messing up your stats?

Food for thought
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 09:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
1 tourney wont damage them to much. I am on your tables all the time, just keep playing solid like you do and you should go deep. Just aim for the money 1st then decide what to do next. Dont limp into pots leaking chips and avoid big stacks.

Good luck and hope to meet you on the final table

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 09:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny9691 View Post
I sort of rely on them to keep me on the right track, and this tourn will mess them up,
Hi Jonny9691,

I use to think the very same way when I was grinding out the 25c 45-man for the 'Cowboy Challenge'. I'd always stick to the same buy-in so that it would keep the stats 'right'.

Then I realised that I was missing out on so much. What happens if you win a satellite seat into a higher buy-in tourney?

Personally, I'd go play it. Remember you can filter your stats in OPR in order to get a truer picture. Player stats can look deceiving until they are studying in great depth.

If you use the stats just to keep track on your own personal progress I would suggest playing around with the filters on OPR to see how the can benefit you.

Just my thoughts.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#5)
thanks m.bisland gl too you,

thanks raiser I didn't know you could filter on OPR, and I can use PT3 for my stats, all though I haven't yet,

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 02:25 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Jonny9691!

Honestly, I wouldn't care as much about my OPR stats. The thing that I look at is my bottom line (bankroll). The tracking sites normally only give a general idea anyway.... as they do not track every type of tourney and some are going to be left off.

If the tourney fits into good bankroll management.... Good Luck and go for it!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 23, 2012, 05:22 AM
(#7)
I entered the MM ME and the Storm special,
So ill stay away from opr for a while lol or maybe forever depending on wether I can claw it back
Spewed my way out of the storm!
But dispite being card dead for most of the ME kept my cool & lasted till about end of reg, going out AK<jj
The good thing about not getting dealt any cards is that you make less mistakes!
I felt good about my game, but I think the previous point is the reason why!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com