Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Bankroll Building

Old
Bankroll Building - Fri Jul 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey guys!

My goal is to build a bankroll from nothing.
A lot of people said it's very dificult, and it can take some time. But hey, somebody gotta do it.

Right now I have $0.88. And my plan is to build the bankroll through the PSO Open Skill League (right now around 200 in the rank), astronomer's frerolls, and any other type of games available.

In resume:
1- Build a bankroll from nothing that's enough to play the $0.25 45-men
2- Grind the 45-men until I'm able to go up the stakes and/or start playing 2NL cash games

There will be a lot of variance with that small of a bankroll at the beginning, but I hope 'variance' is on my side. lol.

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

Let's do this!

Old
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 09:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
Totally agree with the quote. GL!

Old
Wed Jul 25, 2012, 09:22 AM
(#3)
Just an update here.

I'm doing excellent on the Open Skill Leagues. I had a deep run yesterday which took me to 116 in the rank. I hope I can make through the 80 this month.

I've been playing the LAPL Freeroll Tournament a lot, and got some tickets to the LAPL Bronze Tournament, which I min-cashed twice.

So I got $1.18 now.

GL at the tables guys !

Old
Wed Jul 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Congratulations on your progress, look forward to learning that you have reached your target

Old
Wed Jul 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Good to see everyone doing these challenges.....................good luck

Old
Thu Jul 26, 2012, 05:40 PM
(#6)
Just got two more tickets do play at the LAPL Bronze Tournament, I hope I can get a deep run in one of them.

And about the PSO Open Skill League, I think it's going great. I'm basically baby stepping up the rank, but i think I can get to the top 80 until 3rd August. Right now I'm at 97 on the rank. Really an elite level of players at the first and second page of the rank, one mistake and you're gone. But hey, that's where I wanna play.

Thanks

Old
Thu Jul 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
You're doing great fp,keep it up. Don't sleep on those Astronomers and Weekly Round 2's brah,with you not being at the 20 VPP a month level yet they can actually get you're BR up quicker than the Skill League can at this point if you can get a deep run or 2 going.

Remember at this point you don't want to get ahead of yourself and try to invest any of your hard earned loot in money games just yet. I KNOW it will be tempting at times but until you get to $20.00 or so you should be looking to protect your funds as one bad variance run (and we ALL have them) can deplete you almost or to the felt.

Look forward to further update and as I said to you before you can PM me anytime and I'll help if I can. You'll get tons of good info here as well I'm sure.

Good luck/better decisions.

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 01:40 PM
(#8)
Thanks everyone fot the support so far !

Some more good news guys.

-I cashed again in the LAPL Bronze Tournament for $0.39. And I got another ticket for the tournament, so I'll try to run deeper this time

-I got a pretty good result on the PSO Open Skill League Leaderboard now at the end of the month. After a lot of struggling games throughout the month, I ranked 67th for $1.50.

So for now I've got $3.07

I'll give a shot for the astronomers freerolls this month, since I won't be able to play that much games on the PSO League due to the University.

Thanks !

Old
Mon Aug 06, 2012, 11:50 PM
(#9)
Got two tickets to the Weekly Round 2 ( playing the Halley's PLO astronomers ).

Actually is not difficult, I played three time and got the ticket in two of them.There's A LOT of weak players , and you can use the bubble to acumulate chips from weak players.
They probably think they're playing Hold'em but luckly have been dealt four cards lol.
I'm improving a lot my PLO game.

I hope I run good on the WR2 this weekend!

Old
Tue Aug 07, 2012, 08:00 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
great thread on br building fp. you might want to join the micro micro home games not many runners yet as its new but the buyins suit your bankroll and with deep stacks and 20 min blinds they could help alot.

Old
Sun Aug 19, 2012, 03:33 PM
(#11)
I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still grinding. So here goes a little update:
-I've been doing OK in the PSO Open Skill League this month, and I'll aim the top 500 this month (I'm at 669 right now).
-And I've played the EPT live Freroll today and cashed $0.27.

Right now the BR is $3.34.

Old
Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:00 PM
(#12)
Min cashed in the LAPL Bronze Tournament for $0.14.
Cashed $0.06 in the BankrollMob Freeroll.
And got another WR2 Ticket.
Hand from LAPL -> In the Bubble I've shoved KTo with around 6BB on the button but unfortunately ran into AT of the BB. So end up just min cashing lol.

BR now is $3.54

Last edited by fp_boss77; Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 01, 2012, 04:32 PM
(#13)
Cashed $1.00 this month in the Open Skill League for the top 500 rank.

The Bankroll now is at $4.54.

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 10:02 AM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2011
Looks like your doing fantastic, really interesting seeing how to build a bankroll from nothing. Ahar has a fantastic bankroll builder series starting from $5 playing $0.25 45 mans at first. I'd suggest watching some of his videos on that. Playing them you get experience of all sorts of different tournament spots that can help you run deeper in the freeroll MTT's.

Great going and good luck .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com