Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Are there FPP cash tables or sitngo tourneys available at PokerStars?

Old
Are there FPP cash tables or sitngo tourneys available at PokerStars? - Fri Jul 20, 2012, 08:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
I have used some of my FPPs to play a few MicroMillions satellites, and the regular FPP sattys and daily 10/20FPP tournaments - but I am wondering why/if there are no FPP ring tables or FPP entry sitngos.

Maybe I accidentally filtered them out?

If you can earn FPPs at all formats, I would have thought it should be possible to use them in all formats - (there are after all Play Money cash and sitngo formats).

I feel I have to circulate or 'launder' my FPPs earned at cash tables through playing MTTs and sattys to get T-money to then play tourneys/sitngos to win cash to take back to the cash tables.

Would it not be simpler to take a stack of FPPs to a FPP ring game to lose/increase them so we could stick to our preferred game format and then cash them in at the store for real money when we had the required amount?

Just a thought.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 08:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
This kind of thinking is why I always look forward to your posts Ed. (Even as you claim that the noodle is going soft you old codger...).

I think this is a really interesting idea and would myself say that it's an idea worthy of consideration.

Would be my bet as to the why they would be hesitant/loathe to do this is the rake hit that could accompany offering this option (let's be honest...every peep not playing something that can generate Stars rake is a ding,however tiny,to the bottom line).

But conversely I don't see how opening just a couple tables at say 7 levels---1/2 FPP's,2-5 FPP's,5-10 FPP's.10-20 FPP's,20-50 FPP's,50-100 FPP's and 100-200 FPP's---for a ring FPP setting could hurt much. And something to mirror the SNG offerings as well---just a table at each level.

I would try e-mailing this to support. Can't hurt to run it up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes.

Good noodling Ed.

Old
Fri Jul 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ed!

I don't know of any, but I think it would definitely be worth sending an e-mail to ideas@pokerstars.com about.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 25, 2012, 11:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I have used some of my FPPs to play a few MicroMillions satellites, and the regular FPP sattys and daily 10/20FPP tournaments - but I am wondering why/if there are no FPP ring tables or FPP entry sitngos.

Maybe I accidentally filtered them out?

If you can earn FPPs at all formats, I would have thought it should be possible to use them in all formats - (there are after all Play Money cash and sitngo formats).

I feel I have to circulate or 'launder' my FPPs earned at cash tables through playing MTTs and sattys to get T-money to then play tourneys/sitngos to win cash to take back to the cash tables.

Would it not be simpler to take a stack of FPPs to a FPP ring game to lose/increase them so we could stick to our preferred game format and then cash them in at the store for real money when we had the required amount?

Just a thought.

We offer FPP satellites and qualifiers to give players a chance to use their FPPs to win a spot in one of our popular online or offline tournaments. FPPs are not a currency however and have no cash value, so we do not offer FPP ring games or tournaments.

Dylan

PokerStars VIP Coordinator - Dylan

Old
Wed Jul 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
While it looks good on paper, it would result in a major inflation of FPP value, and like Moxie said, Stars would lose tons of rake, further decreasing the value of FPPs.

Old
Wed Jul 25, 2012, 01:27 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSVIPRep View Post
We offer FPP satellites and qualifiers to give players a chance to use their FPPs to win a spot in one of our popular online or offline tournaments. FPPs are not a currency however and have no cash value, so we do not offer FPP ring games or tournaments.

Dylan
Firstly - I don't have a problem with whatever you decide to offer as part of your VIP/VPP/FPP programs -

but YES YOU DO OFFER FPP TOURNAMENTS - they are regular daily tournaments that I play - 10FPP and 20FPP 'buy-ins' with $500 and $1000 real money prize pools. You cannot win a spot in 'popular online or offline' tourneys - just real dollars.

You can also directly exchange FPPs for CASH or GOODS in the VIP Store - so they are certainly a 'medium of exchange' which is pretty much the definition of a currency.

If FPPs have 'no cash value' then they have NO VALUE AT ALL - so why would we bother collecting them?

Just because you can enter an $11 tournament satellite for 70FPPs rather than $1.10/$2.20 etc in real or T-money buy ins does not make the FPP satellite any different - every FPP you use on a 'promotional' tourney satellite is effectively given a precise monetary value the moment you enter that tourney.

So when I played T589961197 last night for 70FPPs - details here...

PokerStars Tournament #589961197, No Limit Hold'emSuper Satellite
Buy-In: 70 FPP
98 players
Total Prize Pool: $99.00 USD
Target Tournament #591011112 Buy-In: $10.00/1.00 USD
9 tickets to the target tournament

The FPPs in this case have a precise value - 98*70=6,860 FPPs entries are worth $99.

So if we already have Real Money MTTs and Satellites with FPP entry - why not a sitngo?

There are a finite amount of FPPs 'currency' in circulation - and if the tourneys you could buy into with them gave T-money as prizes this would be locked in to being replayed through tourneys at PokerStars.

Or if you could play for those FPPs as a prize, in Tourneys, Sitngos or Ring Games - some players would amass a lot more FPPs which they could exchange for cash/goods in the store, whilst the others would need to replenish their FPP balance by playing more cash games.

Its your promo - I am fine with what is currently on offer in terms of playing poker with my FPPs - it sure beats most of the VIP store goods imo - (though I still want the silver couloured handbag hook ) - I just think you could offer more variety.

Thanks for your responses - this was a query/suggestion so no biggy, but I felt I had to reply again when the answer doesn't seem to match the reality.

Good luck all

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Wed Jul 25, 2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 25, 2012, 02:29 PM
(#7)
Their are FPP sit and go's Ed,

Found in Sit and go, Satellite, Steps

60 fpp special
500 fpp step 1
1750 fpp step 2
5125 fpp step 3

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 26, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#8)
has anyone played a steps special 60 fpp's to play for a step 2 ticket seems good.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
I've played a couple of these, but it was a while ago. I picked up a couple of step 2 tickets, but couldn't seem to get past that level and gave up.

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 11:04 AM
(#10)
Thanks Joy i did register for one but after 3 hours waiting for it to fill gave up.

we need the USA player back in Our (my ) time zone to fill some of these up.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 04:59 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Their are FPP sit and go's Ed,

Found in Sit and go, Satellite, Steps

60 fpp special
500 fpp step 1
1750 fpp step 2
5125 fpp step 3

Grade b
Thanks grade b - I knew these existed but lost track of the backwater part of the lobby where these are found.

If you get through one of these can you take T-money or double your FPPs ? Or are you locked into playing the next stage?

My argument is that we should be able to play for cash/T-money prizes with our FPPs - which is essentially what I am doing but have to be careful with my choices. A simple Sitngo that had the FPPs paid in as a prize pool, or a T-money or cash equivalent prize, would save all the shenanigans I go through to turn my FPPs back into cash - which is what I really want from them.

Thanks for the info

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
(#12)
I think you are locked in to step i and 2 but i'm sure i have used a step 2 ticket for Knockout MTT which was paying out cash.

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
(#13)
weeee just palyed the 60 fpp game

100 entrys 2-10 get a step one ticket first gets a step 2.

So what to do with 14 players to go i have around 5k in chips sitting in 8th. do i tighten and hope to get in step 1 or am i playing for step 2. Whats the best option in these?

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com