Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I call em like I see em

Old
I call em like I see em - Sat Nov 16, 2002, 07:11 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
3pm $200 5K NLHE tourney

Final Four, I yell out from the broad cast, 2 players are obvioulsy booted. Wild Bill, after hearing the relay, pauses for time. After a minute or so, Wild Bill, upon asking Mystre to hit time will he steps away for a break, lets go of the time button and surrenders his 5K SB as a gesture of good faith to Mystre. Shortly after his departure, Movie Man returns and then gets booted again. Mystre takes this opportunity to run through the blinds WHILE Wild Bill is still away!!!!!!!

Mystre agreed to wait for Bill to return while they had agreed to wait for the other two.

Mystre runs through the blinds lightning fast. I could not believe my eyes. Jmuzzey and I, typing and screaming and demanding for Mystre to wait for the return.

Not a second too soon, Wild Bill returns, grasping his final 250K and realizing Mystre was not a man of his word and has stolen chips and has amassed over 460K.

This is a shame, a disaster and a low moment in PSO time. This is not what poker is about. This is not what we are here to learn. This is not what this family is made of.

I cannot believe how a person can attempt to achieve victory by being so low and despicable.

Bill, recoops his wits, plays his A game and recovers beautifully to knock the seeming monster out in second.

Mystre made a disastrous blunder in my mind and has lost my respect. That was the wrong thing to do. That was low, low, low.

Congrats on the victory, Bill.

I call em like I see em.

Bob

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 07:32 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Why is mystere's name not listed in the profile lists?

I looked for it last night & could not find it. I felt a little dubious at that time. He was pulling some stunts at last nights NLHE that I was in.

Joybell

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 07:35 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Bob,

you didnt go nearly far enough to destroy the reputation of the assclown mystre. The steaming pile of manure had the gonads to type several "lol"'s in response to what I felt were fairly reasonable questions along the lines of 'What the heck were you thinking?'

Anyone who is that desperate for a win and some free fake bankroll needs some help in my opinion.

I would like to apologize to the 2 players who were disconnected. Congrats to zipman who noticed this before I did, and called it to my attention. I am sorry that I left the computer for a few minutes and allowed a scumsucking buttwad to eliminate you.

Mystre - you deserve no respect. I personally vow to tell this story to every table I see you at for the rest of this year. To agree to hit time for 5 minutes and then renege, in front of witnesses is not only the act of a craven weasel, but just plain stupid. I ask again, What the heck were you thinking? There were 5-6 people chatting in the window, did you think they wouldnt post anything? Are you so freakin bad a player that you need to win by CHEATING!?

Karma is a wonderful thing. I will be waiting and watching, hoping to see it run over your sorry butt.

Bill

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 07:49 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Congratulations Wild Bill!!

I witnessed this awful behaviour and wonder how this person could ever want to play here again.

Shame on you MYSTRE!!!

chanted

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 08:06 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
on a nice note, res ispa waited for me last night when we were heads up as i was having massive computer problems...if there was a chop capability, i wouldve done it even with the chip lead, because the blinds escalated even more than need be due to my disconnects and connection problems. i wont forget that, Res! a GOOT man!

lost jam, 1k fake BR for it....

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 08:22 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
I saw the same incident...

I am speachlesss.....

I will not play on any table MYSTRE is at....end of subject.

BC

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 10:53 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
I nominate Bill's post as post of the year. I especially like this part:

Quote:
you didnt go nearly far enough to destroy the reputation of the assclown mystre. The steaming pile of manure had the gonads to type several "lol"'s in response to what I felt were fairly reasonable questions along the lines of 'What the heck were you thinking?'

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 11:05 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Lets address the real problem here. The problem isn't that these people in question didn't wait for the others to return after being disconnected. The true problem is why? Why are so many people having problems staying connected? I have played here for well over a year now and never had any problems with my connection, with the exception of the server change of course. However over the past month I have had several problems with lag and timing out! The problem isn't with the PSO server or any of our ISPs'. The problem is with AT&T. I have done much research on this subject and have found that my signal is getting log jammed in Atlanta on an AT& T server. I have contacted my ISP (COX @home) and they refuse to help me because the problem doesn't lie within their network. I have contacted Gavin a few times but with no help coming from PSO either. I believe that many people are having similar problems with lag and timing out but aren't letting the right people know about it. If you are indeed having such problems please contact Gavin at PSO or let your ISP know what is going on. Unless enough people are complaining about this nightmare, nothing will ever be done! The problem isn't with people who will or won't wait for others who are dissconnected. The problem is with our connections to PSOs' server!

Good Luk to us all! Bdog```

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 11:18 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Bdog I am sorry to say that you really missed the boat on this one.

This isnt about the disconnects, this is about a player here at pokerschool who is both a LIAR and a CHEAT. I will put up with all kinds of crud from my ISP and the phone company before I tolerate a person like mystre.

Bill

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2002, 11:27 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Disgusting show of horrible sportsmanship and just plain MEAN and inconsiderate not to mention RUDE and UGLY-Spirited!! And did I mention RUDE AND JUST PLAIN MEAN??

SHEESH

Old
I could not agree more. - Sun Nov 17, 2002, 12:03 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
unfortunately, I cannot speak as eloquently as some of the others so I will leave it at fuc king bastard!

24 karet

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 08:51 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
I have had problems in the past with this player, involving rude comments, etc. I've never been in a situation with this player where a "cheating" opportunity has come up, but his/her play and behavior leads me to believe that this player is NOT here to learn or to be a contributing member.

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 09:21 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
AFTER PLAYING IN THE EVENT I DECIDED TO SPEND ANOTHER HOUR TO WATCH.
SINCE ZIPMAN WENT TO ALL THE TROUBLE TO BROAD CAST AND WHY NOT ENJOY THE REST OF THE GAME :P :P

UNTIL THE FINAL 4 SPORTSMANSHIP :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

WHAT THE HECK MYSTRE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT :?: :?: :?:

AND EVEN BETTER ADMIT TO IT AND LOL :!: :!: :!: :!:

IF YOU DIDNT KNOW BEFORE :evil: YOU DO NOW :evil:

THATS NOT WHAT THE BRICKS AND MORTER OF THIS SCHOOL ARE MADE OF :arrow: WE HAVE INTEGRITY HERE AT PSO AND IF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW THE CODE OF MORAL AND ARTISTIC VALUES THEN MAYBE THIS SCHOOL IS NOT WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

STRICKY :twisted: :twisted:

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 04:12 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Aside from the sportsmanship issue, it does bring up the issue of whether something should be programmed into the software for this. Say, whenever we reach the final 4 and someone disconnects for 1 min or so, the game is paused along with the blind level/time, until the player returns up to a max of 5 mins. Something like that.

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 04:22 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
I think another thing that would help this is the implementation of a 5 minute break once per hour. Some of us have to use the restroom ya know!

Hazy

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 05:49 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
Wow!

Tuff Stuff!!

Is Mystere an annual player?

Perhaps Mark and/or Tina could let us know if this is someone they perhaps should be keeping an eye on, with a view to either not renewing or terminating their membership?

Shoeless Joe

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 07:20 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Regrettably, I have a "note" on this player.
A few months ago we got headsup in a sat...
I was leading 17k-3k and I suffered a heavy disconn. Had to hard reset my PC.
I eventually came back to a 17-3 deficit 8O

Built it back up to about 12-8 ahead, and s/he said "I sure wish you'd disconnect again", so there was nothing innocent about this.

Nice

p.s thanks to zipman and muck_it for stalling for such a long time the other day when a similar thing happened. 'Just' a stupid sat, but it was appreciated. They slaughtered me into 3rd place, but that's another issue :wink:

Glenn

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 08:06 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
I've had the same thing happen to me when headsup on the funside before I became a member. Got back just in time to see my last few chips going in on the SB. 3.5 hours for that! Man, was I pi**ed.

That player is also now a member. Incidently, I have seen them at the tables talking about how people should wait when somebody has disconnected etc. I guess that's real good of them. Go figure. maybe they've had a spiritual experience....or maybe they had connection problems themselves that day.

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 08:31 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
there are several good ideas posted in this thread concerning changes to the PSO software. I'd like to take this oppertunity to repeat another idea that I proposed during the "server-gate" episode. It is appearant to me that the blinds progression run on a timer on the PSO server. However, I think it might be a better idea to figgure out approximately how many hands on average are played during each time period and then have the server count the hands and progress the blinds that way. If this were implimented, when situations warrented a lengthy pause, the blinds progression would not continue.

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2002, 10:42 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
Funny, I had a very similar experience with this chitheel. Funny thing was, headsup with him, he lost connection. I waited patiently for about 2 minutes he shows back up and thanks me for waiting. I tell him "np" I've had connection problems all day myself. A few minutes later, I lose connection with the stacks at ~15k-5k (my favor). Im off about a minute and a half, get back in time to see mystre raising blinds like crazy, I watch him do it about 3 or 4 hands before I get control with only about 3k left. I sarcastically say something along the lines of "thanks for returning the favor and waiting" and he replies "yw, lol" After I regain the chip lead he says the same thing to me that he told rosita, "wish youd disconnect again". I couldn't believe this f**kstain.

--Greagar

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com