Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Mian event MM II

Old
Mian event MM II - Sat Jul 21, 2012, 05:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi all just finishes teh warm up to the Main event.

so have a ticket to a $22 torny which is a little more than my normal buy in of 1.10 2.20 and some 4.40.

So will this field be soft or full of sharks

do i just take the T dollars or go for the cool 150K first place prize.

Thoughts will be welcome (although if you could agree with the way i am edging that would be good too.)

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
re post - Sat Jul 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
course there will be sharks,but also many fish,as the saying goes u gotta b in it 2 win it, so i say man up and have a crack gl hope u run good

Old
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 08:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Here's what makes me say "YES"...

You're disciplined enough in your BR management to step out for the occasional "shot-taking" venture grade b. So in that aspect I say go for it.

Here's what makes me say "MEH"...

If you're going to go in only thinking of playing a timid,get me to a min-cash game then you can probably make better use of that $22 ticket as Tourney dollars towards your regular games.

Only you can truly answer that for yourself.

Good luck and better decisions whichever way you go.

Old
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 08:34 PM
(#4)
If it is a ticket, you can't turn it into T$, can you ?

I have registered to tournaments using a ticket, and on a couple of occasions have had to unregister, but I have never been credited with T$, just had my ticket returned.

Or am I missing something useful ?

Old
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 08:54 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
If it is a ticket, you can't turn it into T$, can you ?

I have registered to tournaments using a ticket, and on a couple of occasions have had to unregister, but I have never been credited with T$, just had my ticket returned.

Or am I missing something useful ?

It is a real money ticket. Unregister and you should get $22 t-money. My finger is twitching to fund 22 $1 x45s. I'll sleep on it and dream of $150K.

Old
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 08:54 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey Grade b!

There will be an assortment of very good players, there will be an assortment of very bad players that want to throw $22 for a shot at a $1M prize pool.

The one thing that you should not do is to play the tourney either scared, or way too loose. If you play it, then go about it just as you would any other huge field tourney (storm, etc).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 09:46 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
It is a real money ticket. Unregister and you should get $22 t-money. My finger is twitching to fund 22 $1 x45s. I'll sleep on it and dream of $150K.

Just tried it again with the $22 ticket I got from the Home Games, promo.

I registered for The Hot $22 turbo $10K guaranteed.

Left myself registered for about four minutes and then unregistered.

I don't have any T$ but I do have my ticket back.

Old
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 09:55 PM
(#8)
I think with the Satellite I didn't win a ticket i won entry into a specific tourney. Which should i not want / be able to play I can unreg from and get the money, but as long as the Kids arn't taking me swimming I shall play.

I wish i could remember how I did in the MM I Main event.

I will play it as i play the Big 2.20's which after all is what it cost me.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Value of ticket? - Sat Jul 21, 2012, 10:18 PM
(#9)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
Just tried it again with the $22 ticket I got from the Home Games, promo.

I registered for The Hot $22 turbo $10K guaranteed.

Left myself registered for about four minutes and then unregistered.

I don't have any T$ but I do have my ticket back.

Hi Bill,

Yes I've seen this before with a $3.30? ticket from PSO home games. You can't go into any event for the ticket price. I registered to a game and it didn't use the ticket.

Try requests -> Tournament Tickets and click the ticket and you will see a list of events you can enter.

I hope I haven't given you bad info' but I will be corrected by a mod who knows.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 02:52 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
If it doesn't give you the T$, you use that ticket for the biggest prizepool you can find. Your game will take you deep, and if cards and luck hold up. you can nail one of these BIG TIME.

Good luck when you go for it, I'll be railing for sure if I'm around.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 07:03 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
every1 sux you me every1 go 4 it

Old
Promo Tickets. - Sun Jul 22, 2012, 07:23 AM
(#12)
Hi everybody. There are different conditions for various promotions that PSO runs.While most promos follow some general rules, if you want to know the exact rules for a particular promotion, please inquire.

The home games tickets can not be unregistered for T dollars, as Bill has found out. ForestFive is correct about the method to find which tournaments the tickets are valid for. However the winners of the MM Main Event satellite can unregister from the tournament and receive T dollars. Find out the conditions for any tickets that you win, then use the tickets to maximize their value to yourself.

Hope this helps
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 08:42 AM
(#13)
I wish i could remember how I did in the MM I Main event.

I think this is the tournament: Placed 2087 out of 54665 for $76.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 11:22 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
You also have to consider how long you can play. I wouldn't enter any tourny. with a ticket if it meant you have to be able to play for 10+hours. It would be a waste of a good ticket if you had to leave after 3 hours.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 12:38 PM
(#15)
Got a good 8 hours sleep,

Did the family stuff this morning, no Baseball practice tonight .Nice family meal coming up in two minutes I'm good to go.

Oh and i got some bad beats out of the way this morning on a ring table who calles a reraise with Q8 o honestly then gets all in on flop with Q high. Grrrrr

phew calm now i would not even mention the K7o v's QQ .

Lol

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Sun Jul 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM..

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 05:02 PM
(#16)
Am in the micro millions main event II, but this must be one of my most frustrating games ever !!!!

I keep being disconnected from the servers. Twice with All in hands, and they would have won.

On both occasions I was pressing the button for all in, but was disconnected, so very , very annoying.

Old
Sun Jul 22, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#17)
Well that ticket was well wasted.

Old
Mon Jul 23, 2012, 02:38 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
That sounds terrible, Bill. Just plain awful. Sorry to hear your attempt was ruined by disconnects. Argh, I'd be banging my head against things really hard right now...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com