Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

How 2 win at poker

Old
How 2 win at poker - Sun Jul 22, 2012, 02:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Haha....what up yall?? I got 2 questions and 1 answer. So we play sngs and mtts. We know that peeps go aggro early then play tight later on. So we play tight early then open up. I have tried that idea its called playin tag. I find when i play tag (tight aggressive) i tend to last longer but make fewer final tables. What is the answer?? I say ya gotta get in them big pots to win. Granted there is a whole lotta pots ya gotta skip but I say if you dont play big pots early you have little chance of winning. Gotta play big pots late too. Granted im a guppy but i find that the more big pots i play the more final tables i make. Im sure JDean will disagree and hes a lot better than me but 4 me i like big pots. I also like big butts just sayin. Am I wrong? Dont ask me what i think of you i might not give the answer that you want me to. See yall out there

Old
Tue Jul 24, 2012, 01:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsnookman View Post
Haha....what up yall?? I got 2 questions and 1 answer. So we play sngs and mtts. We know that peeps go aggro early then play tight later on. So we play tight early then open up. I have tried that idea its called playin tag. I find when i play tag (tight aggressive) i tend to last longer but make fewer final tables. What is the answer?? I say ya gotta get in them big pots to win. Granted there is a whole lotta pots ya gotta skip but I say if you dont play big pots early you have little chance of winning. Gotta play big pots late too. Granted im a guppy but i find that the more big pots i play the more final tables i make. Im sure JDean will disagree and hes a lot better than me but 4 me i like big pots. I also like big butts just sayin. Am I wrong? Dont ask me what i think of you i might not give the answer that you want me to. See yall out there
i would say it's okay to play big pots early if u know where ur at in the hand. i often don't, so i just play really aggressively in the hands i win and i generally pick up a few pretty decent sized pots in the first 3 levels and then i can sit back awhle and wait for some hands. so many people don't understand how to manage their tourney stacks that they just spew it all of with nothing and bust out for no reason. these players u have to avoid, but players who care and want to give themselves a chance to keep playing are the ones you can successfully attack. as for late aggression, i will do it against small stacks and only go up against the biggies with premium starting hands. i usually have to make at least one shove before the money breaks, but im usually a 60-40 favorite to win it if i get called. it's just about feeling out the table and attacking the vulnerable players and staying away from the aggressive players. creating an image helps a lot, too, but im pretty sure i pay a lot more attention to the way my opponents play in the mtt than they pay attention to my actions, so i often have the upper hand here.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com