Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

10c tourneys

Old
10c tourneys - Sun Jul 22, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
hi
We need about 100+ members so that we can play a decent tourney. There are a few of us already, but the main idea of this homegroup is to play min buy-in tourneys and I think that we need a decent prize pool to make that workable. When you win the tourney, say for about $4 or $5, then that covers you for the next 40 or 50 buy-ins. A ft finish should give some ROI. Playing with a small field means that there is only $ for 1st place, and that may not offset those buy-ins, unless you are winning often. The club is meant to be a nice arena to play in that will not end up costing anyone any $.
The main theme of this homegroup is to play tourneys that are structured so that skill should eventually win out over luck. They won't be shove-fests, but will encourage decent poker play.
The structure will be 10c buy-in, 3k starting stacks, and 20 mins blind levels.
Everyone is welcome to reg: (MicroMicro) 658845 microtable
I guess we will probably run one tourney per day to start. What do members feel will be a good time to do this?
I hope you come and join us, and spread the word so that we can get things rolling.
If you do reg please be patient whilst we are waiting for the member list to fill up. First tourney will begin once we have a reasonable sized field potential.

~'If you want to win... you have to have White Magic.'- PH~

Old
hello - Mon Aug 13, 2012, 05:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
hello ,

please tell me the tournament id and the code pls...

thanks

dev here

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 05:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi devprasad60
As this is your first post, i would like to welcome you to the forum.
We have some great features here and this link will help you find your way about. If you have any questions or need any help please post, we have many very helpfull members always willing to help.

Good luck at the tables.

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 07:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi soth u might want to consider a twitter page for these homegames as there are already some out there like ballagio club etc. I could do this for you if need be and i think it would help get the numbers up

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 05:43 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
What I like about this idea is the values you are representing: good poker. Deep stacks and slow blind levels, all this is nice ideas if you ask me. However, there's a flaw with the idea imo, and that is making this a daily tournament. It might be hard since it's deepstacked to make people have enough time to play a tournament like this. And maybe the low prize pool actually makes people impatient and make them care less since it's only 10c and the prize pool isn't a biggy. The only thing that might motivate people to actually go for a good result in these tourneys might be to have some sort of a leaderboard. But then again you would be spending more than you were using. But if everybody like put some dollars into the leaderboard it could be big. That's just my opinions, I like the idea, but it might have some negative flaws.

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 07:00 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
what is the id and password?

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 08:16 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
To reg use code 658845 microtable

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com