Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Confused

Old
Confused - Mon Jul 23, 2012, 08:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
Hi I habe to admit that I haven't really looked into the PSL, but after reading a thread by fb_boss77 I need to ask
Is this just for pso members?
I understand that for various reasons the game structure plays different, I know that there are all sorts or different poker styles and game types but why would you learn to play the sl become good then move on to playing normal tours (more than likely) to find you have to play completely different?
With the exception of being on a ticket bubble, I cant think of any time id want to fold AA (refere to fb_boss77 hand)
Also if this is a training league (begining to think I got this all wrong) and our hero wishes he had folded WHY did the rest start spewing chips all over the place,
Sick hand fb_boss77 my feeling are with you

Old
Mon Jul 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
The Open Skill League tournaments can be entered by anyone. You will find many players in the free rolls and smaller buy in microstakes going all in on weak hands, so the Open League is not unique in this. fb_boss77 is trying to finish as high as possible in the month end standings. If you have an early exit from the tournament, you get a negative score from that tournament. So this gives you an extra factor to consider when deciding what hands to play early in the tournament.

It is quite possible to finish the month with a good enough score to earn promotion to the Premier League without using any special strategy, just playing your normal game. This league is only open to PSO members and the general play is quite different.

Hope this helps
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 23, 2012, 02:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny9691 View Post
Hi I habe to admit that I haven't really looked into the PSL, but after reading a thread by fb_boss77 I need to ask
Is this just for pso members?
I understand that for various reasons the game structure plays different, I know that there are all sorts or different poker styles and game types but why would you learn to play the sl become good then move on to playing normal tours (more than likely) to find you have to play completely different?
With the exception of being on a ticket bubble, I cant think of any time id want to fold AA (refere to fb_boss77 hand)
Also if this is a training league (begining to think I got this all wrong) and our hero wishes he had folded WHY did the rest start spewing chips all over the place,
Sick hand fb_boss77 my feeling are with you
In my own personal thought there are two reasons to play the open league number 1 is to build a bankroll for free.

number 2 is to get to the premier legue which while a league and so plays differant from a regular MTT is closer in feel / play (plus has some nice prizes)

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com