Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

First hand i play in 7 months...

Old
First hand i play in 7 months... - Mon Jul 23, 2012, 01:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
...ends up right in the bad beats section (preflop play is because of open skill league)

have you guys missed me?

(actually second hand because i played AK suited in the first hand but decided to give up because i was way behind)

Last edited by XxTiberxX; Mon Jul 23, 2012 at 01:21 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 23, 2012, 02:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi XxTiberxX!

While it was a -EV play for the opp, it probably wasn't as bad as you think. The opp had to call 510 into a pot of 2040 (25%). They had 5 outs and by being all-in, they guarantee themselves to see both streets, so each out is worth 4% equity.. so they had 20% equity. Due to that, it was only a -5%EV play.. not great, but not horrible.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 23, 2012, 04:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm sorry but when you play a hand that poorly preflop, you deserve to be sucked out on. Having said that, it wasn't even that bad of a beat as previous poster indicated.

Old
Mon Jul 23, 2012, 05:22 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
You're on an 11.5BB stack and have TWO chances to ship it over a gaggle of limpers and min-raisers and flat both times. You got what you asked for,period,end of story.

You should have been tickled pink that their was a moppet on the table thick enough to call you with middle pair/weak kicker seeing as for anyone with an IQ higher than wheatgerm your hand is naked when you ship here. But guess what---suck outs happen.

Did you play the first AK this poorly as well?

Old
Mon Jul 23, 2012, 06:49 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2010
Haha. What everyone else said. I read bad beat then watched the replay and from second one thought "well what did you expect?". Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad poker on your part.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com