Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2 NL ZOOM - handling nut flush draw OOP

Old
2 NL ZOOM - handling nut flush draw OOP - Wed Jul 25, 2012, 07:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011

No reads on opp at all.
Was flop call good/acceptable? (slightly against pot odds+ 1 live player)
Was turn bet too small for blocking? Was it necessary?
Was river mini re-reraise reasonable? Should I rather push?

Old
Wed Jul 25, 2012, 10:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi wwictor,

Flop call is fine, you have some implied odds. I would consider leading the flop though as a semi-bluff. With 2 limpers there's a reasonable chance no one has an ace, so you may only get called by worse diamond draws which gives you value and maybe fold out small pairs on either the flop or turn.

On the turn, personally I'm not a fan of a min-bet as a blocking bet because it looks very weak and more savvy players will raise it, causing you to pay more than you might check/calling. Obviously 2 limpers here are not savvy players so I think it works fine to set your price for drawing on the river.

Once you get there, I would bet a bit more for your lead, if he's got a decent diamond he'll call a bigger bet (around pot size is probably good) and if he doesn't he's probably not calling even the smaller bet. When he raises, absolutely go all in. You start the hand short stacked anyway so shoving is not that much more, and his raise indicates one of two things:

1) He has a big diamond himself (this is most likely) and thus will call any raise size from your stack including all in
2) He's making a move bluffing (not likely but possible) and in this case he won't call any reraise anyway.

So 3b ship for max value all the way on the river.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com