Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Surprise me with answering this + Qualifier League

Old
Surprise me with answering this + Qualifier League - Thu Jul 26, 2012, 06:50 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
I was just thinking for myself that there maybe was something more to playing in the Premier Skill League Qualifier. Then I thought that the leaderboard provided more prizes than just the tickets, which they didn't, but when I watched the top of the leaderboard I reckoned some names. And now I really want to know if there actually is something moer to playing in that league?

And I'm not talking about people actually trying to qualify, but people who are already in the league. So I've come to think about the chance of earning easy money, because you don't care about the score. But the prize pool isn't that big? Well if anybody knows anything just tell me, eventhough I might've already mentioned it. Because if the prize pool, or the "skill" in that league is something that drags people in to playing there, I surely want to know the reason.

Thanks in advance.

Old
Thu Jul 26, 2012, 07:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekGG View Post
I was just thinking for myself that there maybe was something more to playing in the Premier Skill League Qualifier. Then I thought that the leaderboard provided more prizes than just the tickets, which they didn't, but when I watched the top of the leaderboard I reckoned some names. And now I really want to know if there actually is something moer to playing in that league?

And I'm not talking about people actually trying to qualify, but people who are already in the league. So I've come to think about the chance of earning easy money, because you don't care about the score. But the prize pool isn't that big? Well if anybody knows anything just tell me, eventhough I might've already mentioned it. Because if the prize pool, or the "skill" in that league is something that drags people in to playing there, I surely want to know the reason.

Thanks in advance.
Here's my thoughts on this Qualifier League.

I don't like it conceptually, as I think there should only be one route to the Premier Skill League - or if there are several they should all be on the same terms.

As it is, basically it is a real money buy in tournament with a fairly standard tournament pay out structure so I am sure some people play it just for the cash per tourney, if it fits their bankroll.

Others might be more focussed on getting into the Premier League - this will alter the dynamic as some players will be looking to win tourney cash, others looking to win positive (or avoid negative) points, although there will obviously be a points/cash connection - but as in the OSL some will be over conservative to protect their points position and will risk becoming exploitable.

As there are no monthly league prizes, just the ticket, many will use this as a backup route to get into or stay in the Premier league whilst avoiding the OSL.

There is no real added value in these tourneys other than the ticket - if the buy-in, times and game structure suit them any members may play just for the single game prizes, but the points available might affect the dynamic.

The players at the top of the leaderboard might be concentrating on going for the points, or they might be players who have found a tourney that they can exploit whilst not caring about the PL ticket.

I haven't played many but I think they are pretty high standard for the buy-in and would rather exploit similar buy-in tourneys with bigger fields and more fish.

good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
insurance - Thu Jul 26, 2012, 07:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi TarekGG. The reason some people are playing in both leagues is insurance. If they are not doing well in the Premier League in a particular, they risk being demoted. However, if they finish high enough in the Qualifier League, they will be promoted from that league and still be able to play in the Premier League in the following month.

Others may just be playing in a low buy in tournament because they prefer the type of competition or the tournament times are more convenient than are available at the regular $1.10 buy ins,

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
Thanks for your answers.

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 09:59 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
THE $1.10 qualifier just to clarify,if you win one of those thats an instant premier league ticket for the following month?

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 10:15 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
The top 200 finishers* in the Premier Skill League Qualifier leaderboard will be awarded a ticket for next month's Premier Skill League**. must have 20 VPP's
Quote:
the new month's 'Premier Skill League Ticket' will be awarded to the following league participants:

Top 800 finishers* in the Premier Skill League
Top 500 finishers* in the Open Skill League
Top 200 finishers** in the Premier Skill League Qualifier
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/lea...ague_qualifier

Hope this helps ace,

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 12:39 PM
(#7)
thx for the link dave that clarifies my question and add to the post.

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
THE $1.10 qualifier just to clarify,if you win one of those thats an instant premier league ticket for the following month?
Its not automatic that you get a ticket by winning one of these - but the number of points you win for a first place will give you an extremely good chance of the ticket as long as you play enough to be eligible.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Jul 27, 2012, 06:13 PM
(#9)
thx edin appreciated may have a go next month

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com