Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Annoyme2

Old
Annoyme2 - Sat Jul 28, 2012, 02:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Just venting a little, nothing serious... but this "free world" thing is getting to me by the day.
First they obliterate Spain from the online poker map. Happens to be where I live, so it's annoying enough.
(And please don't tell me play the .es, I'm Sir Nit Foldalot, was profitable with it, I can't do that).
I'm adjusting to play money, can be fun :/

Then... I happen to be in Italy at the moment. Well, that was obliterated earlier on, but it's even worse. Not only I can't play anything, but:

I got to pokerschoolonline.com. Easy enough, right?
No. I get redirected to intellipoker.it (intelli? ahem... you should the the headlines there:).
I log in there and it's https... cool... except, after log-in, I get re-redirected. With an "insecure content" warning so I have to click "load anyway". Allright then. I got a mobile connection on a borrowed netbook so I don't even save the pw and have to type it but then. Got nothing better do do have I.

So after a while I get to pokeschoolonline... only to get a red "certificate expired" warning with a "back to safety" button because "the certificate has expired". One more click - and not on the "back to safety" button either.

So I'm finally here. On a dodgy mobile connection, and with the famed response times of this server (it runs on Windows, I mean Windows - really:) it's sort of touch and go, but I'm a persistent buqqer.

So when I'm finally here, not only do I get the Desinex burger - I can't even stake Marvin 'cause I'm "Spanish", but I'm in for the real treat: I click on any link to any "poker" site in the world, I get redirected to pokerstars.it. Home page. Or to the Italian tax agency. Nice, innit.

Ok, so use the Tor browser, you say. I'm on a borrowed netbook with a mobile connection.
Oh well, at least I don't use Windows :)

Old
Sat Jul 28, 2012, 03:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi Don
I really do admire your persistance. Very sorry that you had so many connection problems, but i hope you dont mind me saying that it was agreat post, and although not funny for you, the way you explained your difficulties did bring a smile to my face.
Regards
Tony

Old
Sat Jul 28, 2012, 04:29 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
I hate those redirections too! So, so, so very much. If I want to go to pokerstars.com, I want to go to pokerstars.com, NOT pokerstars.eu. If I wanted to go to pokerstars.eu, I would have typed "pokerstars.eu". I'm sure there's some reason behind this, like licensing and stuff so people don't download the wrong client, but there has to be better ways to solve that. It screws up linking and stuff and it's incredibly annoying. Allow me to access pokerstars.com, just don't allow me to download the .com client. Very simple.

Shape up, Stars.

Old
Sat Jul 28, 2012, 04:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi Feskprins

I really do understand the frustration some people experiance regarding .com .eu .it etc.

May i suggest that you contact support@pokerstars.com for a definitive answer. Im sure that they would be very happy to give advice.

Regards
Tony

Old
Sat Jul 28, 2012, 05:22 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey, it's the "free" world.
Maybe we should all just get a Russian account, they're supposed to be the ones... oh well, forget it :)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com