Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

final table 45ppl 25c sng

Old
final table 45ppl 25c sng - Tue Jul 31, 2012, 12:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...sh=022D4CCC82]

finally fixed my computer at about 2.30am this morning so had to test to see if it was working ok so played this one.

The opps where standard type players, folding and raisng as expected with good starting hands.

MY question here was my push a bit to eager again, or at this stage is it chips in and fingers crossed.

I know im going over similar situations, but need to be sure to continue.....

Old
Tue Jul 31, 2012, 12:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi holdemace!

Please check your link.. it doesn't work.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
reposted link - Tue Jul 31, 2012, 10:34 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=022D4CCC82

Old
Tue Jul 31, 2012, 02:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi holdemace!

With 99 and the opp making a std raise to 2k, here is the decision that I have in that I have to make... it's either to shove or fold and here's why. A standard 3-bet size would be to 3X the previous bet, so I would raise to 6000, but, this raise would be for almost 1/2 my remaining chips. This makes me pot committed, so if I play the hand, I'm shoving.

With it being against the short stack, I don't want to fold to the opp and give them extra chips without a fight which would give them a similar stack to me.

Since I'm already guaranteed 3rd place money, I'm looking to try to take out the short stack when I get a hand against them in a HU situation... and due to this, I'm going to shove here. I have a made hand and would expect to see the opp have two overcards if I'm called and I'm absolutely happy to take a race.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com