Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2 NL ZOOM flopped bottom set vs diamonds

Old
2 NL ZOOM flopped bottom set vs diamonds - Wed Aug 01, 2012, 11:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011

No reads on opps besides limper being Russian.
Hand outcome strongly feels like fish eating fish.

Is bottom set worth protecting it aggressively on monotone board (especially against 2 opps)?

If yes is 70% enough given I am usually short-stacked?

Could i still get away from the hand after being re-raised (2-to-1 to call and me being precisely 2:1 dog vs made flush)?

Am I too liberal with my chips here?

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi wwictor,

I would generally prefer to raise preflop in position vs. a single limper to isolate them if possible or at least charge them for for their mistake of getting involved with garbage, and take the initiative in the hand.

Post flop everyone is on shortish stacks, you're the effective stack with only 60 bb's vs the donk bettor, and the preflop raiser is even shorter starting with only 44 bb's... on these stacks I am never folding a hand this strong, so the only question is how to get the money in most profitably. In the case of this hand I like your line of raising the small donk bet, and getting it in when he reraises.

Quote:
Could i still get away from the hand after being re-raised (2-to-1 to call and me being precisely 2:1 dog vs made flush)?
No, you should never fold such a +EV spot. As you note even if the villain has a flush already you're break even getting the money in now. And the villain has a lot more hands than just made flushes in his range. Include AT, A7, some other Ax combos with a medium/high diamond, and some Ax combos that don't have a diamond and you're a solid equity favorite. Folding now would be quite terrible tbh. Even if you thought the villain would only do this with made hands that were strong (flushes, 2 pair+) you would be about a 3-1 favorite at this point getting 2-1 on your money, a huge overlay.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 01:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
How do you delete a message here?

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 11:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwictor View Post
How do you delete a message here?
You can't... although you could edit it with "..." or something. If you need a post deleted contact a moderator, they can do it for you.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com