Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2FR flush draw+gutshot

Old
NL2FR flush draw+gutshot - Wed Aug 01, 2012, 02:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
edit, sry i dont know how to use these forums, the other hand in this 2 questions is donw below, i posted it in wrong place,in thread below, and how do i know when there answered, somone sed goto subscriptions or sumthing,
hi,
trying to get these draw hands perfected, i didnt have any HUD running so didnt know much about villain, but should i bet turn here or was check ok ?. somtimes i like check raise coz u usually get them to stop beting turn and u see free and then try hit ur draw on river, but if checked to you should u bet turn for fold equity with still chance of hitng ur draw as in this case i had lots of outs?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...755_E89A21DE04

this is another draw but slightly difrent coz theres an over card wich i think has hit villain, but should i still bet turn, same as above no stats, guy just joined table, usually i raise to .09 here but miscliked,.....oh yeah and was the check raise silly i was just gonna bet out ?

Read more: NL2FR flush draw+gutshot - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz22JviHpFO

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Wed Aug 01, 2012 at 02:30 PM..

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 11:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

I copied the hand over from the other thread:

hi,
trying to get these draw hands perfected, i didnt have any HUD running so didnt know much about villain, but should i bet turn here or was check ok ?. somtimes i like check raise coz u usually get them to stop beting turn and u see free and then try hit ur draw on river, but if checked to you should u bet turn for fold equity with still chance of hitng ur draw as in this case i had lots of outs?

If I were taking a check-raise as a semi-bluff line, I would tend to follow through on the turn, especially here where A) the villain calls the check-raise (maybe an overpair) and B) the turn card is scary to his range but could have helped ours. If you had reads and knew he was not a good target to semibluff then checking is fine, but you wouldn't be check-raise semi-bluffing a player like that anyway. If he's a good semi-bluff target then check-raising 2 overs + gut shot + back door flush draw is fine, and when you catch a turn card that is both bad for the villains range and gives you additional equity with the back door flush draw, it's a great barreling spot.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 03, 2012, 12:50 PM
(#3)
f I were taking a check-raise as a semi-bluff line, I would tend to follow through on the turn, especially here where A) the villain calls the check-raise (maybe an overpair) and B) the turn card is scary to his range but could have helped ours. If you had reads and knew he was not a good target to semibluff then checking is fine, but you wouldn't be check-raise semi-bluffing a player like that anyway. If he's a good semi-bluff target then check-raising 2 overs + gut shot + back door flush draw is fine, and when you catch a turn card that is both bad for the villains range and gives you additional equity with the back door flush draw, it's a great barreling spot.

yeah thanx, i do most times bet turn here, but somtimes if not as strong i check, but mostly my problem is somtimes i check somtimes i bet just by what i feal like, i have to work on it bit more i think, Can i just ask u if i have this write tho, ...a good person to semi bluff flop and turn would be a decent thinking player, and somone not to semi bluff would b a fish calling station type ?

Old
Fri Aug 03, 2012, 03:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrGetinTaxed View Post
.a good person to semi bluff flop and turn would be a decent thinking player, and somone not to semi bluff would b a fish calling station type ?
Yes, correct, never semi-bluff a calling station because there is no "bluff" component, you'd simply be charging yourself to draw. Check out my Profiling for Exploitation Class for some more info on this.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 03, 2012, 05:52 PM
(#5)
Thankyou, will check that out aslo

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com