Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Security Warning!!!!

Old
Security Warning!!!! - Wed Aug 01, 2012, 05:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007
Hello,

I have started to access PSO via mobile but every time I log in I get a security warning that there are problems with the security certificate and that the certificate is not from a "trusted authority".

Can someone tell me what this means and whether it is actually safe for people to log on here????

Cheers,

Tony

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 05:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi topthecat

As you most likely know most web sites issue a security certificate, unfortunatly browsers do not allways recognise the certificate and give a unsafe warning. Usually the broblem is just a matter of your browser being over protective, however if you need assistance i would suggest you email support@pokerstars.com

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#3)
Hmmm, the problem arises via mobile/android but I think it is something to so with the time settings on the forum, that causes this warning. The time in the forum is always an hour behind CET even though I am based in Germany.

The issue does not arise with Firefox but since it is a PSO Forum issue not a Pokerstars one I would thought that the moderation team here should be dealing with it!

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Aug 01, 2012, 07:44 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Hello,

I have started to access PSO via mobile but every time I log in I get a security warning that there are problems with the security certificate and that the certificate is not from a "trusted authority".

Can someone tell me what this means and whether it is actually safe for people to log on here????

Cheers,

Tony
Hi Tony,

Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com regarding this issue.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 02, 2012, 03:29 AM
(#5)
No harm guys although it is an inconvenience for me it is not my job to mail support. If the site is losing volume because of the issue then a member of the moderation team should follow us on it. After all you get paid to have some care about the site. I have done my bit if you want it resolved then one of you should contact support.

Cheers

TC

Old
Thu Aug 02, 2012, 04:44 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi topthecat,

I'll forward this on the the tech department, thanks for reporting it.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 02, 2012, 07:46 AM
(#7)
Thanks raiser,

Good to see someone take the initiative!:-D

Cheers

TC

Old
Thu Aug 02, 2012, 07:49 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
there are problems with the security certificate and that the certificate is not from a "trusted authority".
Actually the certificate for PSO is fine.
It's a VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G3, and it expires Feb. 2013.
The problem seems to be (as usual ;) the "external links".
You are trying to access the page via https (encrypted, needs certificate). But the page also loads ads and things via straight http (not encrypted) protocol. This method can be used by scammers to trick people into submitting supposedly encrypted information through non-encrypted pages.

This is clearly not the case.
But your browser is giving you a warning as there is the possibility that it could be.

Quote:
whether it is actually safe for people to log on here?
I would say yes, absolutely.
I would also say though, it's not a difficult issue to fix, either disable https logins or make sure they are consistent.

On your part, if you browser insists to log in via https, just tell it not to do so. No-one wants to sniff your password here, and if they did they would use other methods anyway ;)
I wouldn't worry about it .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com