Old
PSO - USTREAM Channel - Fri Aug 03, 2012, 11:23 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
PSO USTREAM - It's Your Channel

Hello,

We have received an email at ideas@mypokerschoolonline.com asking if our videos could be made accessible for mobile devices.

Currently we have no plans to do this for all our videos, however, we think it's a great idea and we would like to accommodate this suggestion.

As a result we have created the PokerSchoolOnline USTREAM channel.

Ustream is compatible with all leading mobile devices. Each week we will add two new videos to the channel so you can watch them on your mobile devices.

And here's the best bit, YOU get to decide what videos you would like to have added. This will be done on a first come first serve basis. Please choose what video you would like to have added to the channel from our Poker Video Archives and then post your suggestion here in this thread.

Please post only one suggestion per member. Once we have received the first ten suggestions we will close the thread and reopen it again for suggestions once those ten videos have been added.

It is also planned for the future to have some other Live activities on the channel and details of this will be announced here in this thread as it happens.

Remember that this is your channel, any suggestions are welcomed either here in this thread or if you prefer to email ideas@mypokerschoolonline.com

Regards,

PokerSchoolOnline Team.

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Old
Fri Aug 03, 2012, 11:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I watched some of the first uploaded video (nanonoko beginners vid), it looks good.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 03, 2012, 12:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
This is indeed great news... i no most people would like to see videos of the pros, but I would like to see some of our head trainers (Dave's) videos optimized, as I find them more indepth and informative. so my suggestion will be session number 116 (scare tactics)
I think everybody here will benefit greatly from this video.
another suggestion if I may, not for a particular video but this idea in general, would be to add Dave's new videos as they are published. ( and maybe get them publish a little quicker than like 2+ months)
anyway, I think this is a jump start in the right direction.. keep up the great work Dave!
thank you, MT
Oh, and nice new avatar dave, but 1 question..... Shouldn't there be more black chips there?

Another suggestion: adding a tab at the top of the page to access this "channel" since when on my mobile, and clicking many of the links here,(the one provided here included) it wants to overlay a new window on top of the existing window instead of redirecting the browser (closing existing and opening a new one) as my (and many others i'm sure) devise can only open one window at a time, thus defeating the purpose of the link for mobile in the fist place.
Again thanks for your time, MT

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Last edited by mtnestegg; Fri Aug 03, 2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 03, 2012, 03:12 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Thanks for the kind words MT. Regarding the publishing schedule, it's possible that it might be accelerated a bit in the future, but not much tbh. There's a bunch of steps involved from getting a live class to the video archive... recording, editing, production, transferring files, uploading, article creation, publish schedule planning, etc... with multiple people involved in the process. So it's not exactly an overnight thing (keep in mind we are recording 2-3 classes a day M-Th as well). Also, we want to encourage attendance to the live classes, and if it were even possible to turn around the archiving quickly, too quick wouldn't be great either because peeps wouldn't have as much incentive to show up live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Oh, and nice new avatar dave, but 1 question..... Shouldn't there be more black chips there?
Thanks, and yes, there should.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 03, 2012, 07:27 PM
(#5)
I would like to see The langoliers 3-betting essentials make the list.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2012, 09:00 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
I would like to see The langoliers 3-betting essentials make the list.

Grade b
+1 tbh all dave vids should make there way there at some point....

Old
Mon Aug 06, 2012, 12:30 PM
(#7)
2 questions

1) I got this add that keeps popping up in the stream video, how do I get rid of it?
2) The image is very very blurry, is it normal?

Old
Thu Aug 09, 2012, 05:38 AM
(#8)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
Hello,

You can now search the 'Recorded' section of Ustream for 'PokerSchoolOnline Scare Tactics 1

The quality of the visual is not ideal. Going forward we will look at a better way to make our videos accessible for mobile devices.

Each video that we upload will be 20-25 mins in length, therefore the Scare Tactics video that was suggested will be available on Ustream in 3 parts when they are all uploaded.

Regards,
PokerSchoolOnline Team.

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Old
Thu Aug 09, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
And here's the best bit, YOU get to decide what videos you would like to have added. This will be done on a first come first serve basis. Please choose what video you would like to have added to the channel from our Poker Video Archives and then post your suggestion here in this thread.

Please post only one suggestion per member. Once we have received the first ten suggestions we will close the thread and reopen it again for suggestions once those ten videos have been added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Hi Psoadmin can we have a list to know videos by who and what was acknowledged as submitted entires. Thanks.
Hello Jig

As you can see from the info posted above that the list is here in this thread and we will work thru the videos in the order requested by the members. So the first request in this post was for the scare tactics videos and those will be the next videos uploaded then we will go to the next request and so on.

Hope this helped you with your question.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 24, 2012, 10:07 AM
(#10)
Bump... Can't believe there's not more intrest in this. Isn't about everyone on mobile nowadays?
Ps thanks for gettin the ball rollin' admin. Sucks only 20 minutes at a shot but alot better than nuttin'

Last edited by mtnestegg; Fri Aug 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM..

Old
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 10:27 AM
(#11)
What happened to "each week we will be adding 2 new videos" deal? Was there not enough interest so you just said **** it? all I see there is still the first part of the first video am I missing something?

Old
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 11:19 AM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
Hiya Mtn

Sorry about this as we do plan to keep using this channel as we announced we have just been very busy last few weeks with the new site and what not but I will be sure the person who does this gets something up soon

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Aug 27, 2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 11:20 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
I've only just found out about this as it went up when I was away. It seems a great idea, ideal for when I'm sat travelling on public transport.

I hope this does continue to progress in some way as I would definately make use of it

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 12:13 PM
(#14)
thanks for the timely response

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 03:52 PM
(#15)
Ummmmm just went to ustream, and yup there's another vid up, but it would sure be nice to finish the first one. dont ya think? kinda just left us hangin' there peeps lol

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 04:45 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Ummmmm just went to ustream, and yup there's another vid up, but it would sure be nice to finish the first one. dont ya think? kinda just left us hangin' there peeps lol
Hi MT,

We'll get the Scare Tactics video finished over the weekend for you.

We're working on a better way to get these videos mobile but we're nowhere near ready to make an announcement on it. Hopefully this will be ready by the end of September and I'll keep you posted.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 05:38 PM
(#17)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi sorry if ive missed a vital piece of info here or come across very dumb (thats a risk i always have to take) but i have a number of questions

1. Where is PSO - USTREAM Channel how do i find it please ?

2. Can it be accessed through just a computer (obviously attached to the internet)?

Was going to private message an admin/mod butmaybe some other people will be helped by me asking

Thanks in advance

rolo

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 05:59 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
Hi sorry if ive missed a vital piece of info here or come across very dumb

Hey rolo,

No worries, the only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked.

Ustream is like a personal TV channel on the internet that is compatible also for mobile devices via the Ustream APP.

Here's a link to the PSO Ustream Channel

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 07:26 PM
(#19)
Since: Mar 2011
Hiyah RR

cool thanx m8 will try it out after training

Old
Fri Sep 14, 2012, 12:11 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi MT,

We'll get the Scare Tactics video finished over the weekend for you.

Raiser
the rest of that vid was great!! Oh! Wait...........
A little subtle sarcasm to lighten your day
Lil help here?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com