Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6-max zoom. Hero call the river or not?

Old
25NL 6-max zoom. Hero call the river or not? - Fri Aug 03, 2012, 04:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hey all, this is a zoom game so no reads on the opponent, other than that he was on 3 zoom tables of 25NL.

Timing tell: I made a snap call on the flop.
Okay, first of all, i know my pre-flop call was bad. I figuered my percieved range was small pocket pairs and thought he was trying to get me to fold those. Anyway, if the villian bet the river, should i still stick to my read that he was bluffing? Or should i only call a big bet or fold to any bet?

btw, he had 67 of diamonds

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2012, 01:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey Tom,

Actually this is a spot where a decent player is probably 3-betting you light a lot, considering that you are raising from the SB. No reads but if he's 3-tabling 25nl zoom he's probably not a total fish. Given that, this is a nice spot to balance your 4-betting range with a light 4-bet. You catch him light a lot and he'll just fold, you have an ace blocker and A8s has some value if he flats (he probably won't flat much), and the hand is much easier to play this way than calling the 3b and trying to play out of position without the initiative. So 4b/fold to a 5b (if he's capable of 5-betting light, God bless him).

As played if he bets the river, fold imo. Your hand looks like you're not folding and 3 barrel bluffing isn't a tool in everyone's tool belt anyway, so I think I'd give him credit there.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2012, 04:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks for the response, I'll 4bet/fold next time (unless maybe I get AA). Any tips on 4bet sizing? I know it shouldn't be too big in a 100BB game, ut he made a pretty small 3bet. I normally make my 4bets around 22BB, but since his 3bet is only 6BBs this seems like an overbet.

Last edited by magiciantom; Sat Aug 04, 2012 at 05:30 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com