Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

live game hands scenario 2

Old
live game hands scenario 2 - Sat Aug 04, 2012, 07:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
i used my rebuy and got back in the game
a few hands later

all fold round to me
my position BUTTON holding AQ offsuit raise 2.5 bb to 500

SB calls
BB calls
flop is 9s Qs 5h
SB checks
BB checks
i continue bet 500
SB folds
fishy BB shoves and has me covered,
however i hold top pair top kicker
again i call the all in
BB turns over 10,8 offsuit
river is A
flop is J
and i got busted by the straight,again pokerstove has me a massive fav in this situation,so did i play correctly and was just unlucky or should i be folding in these positions

Old
Sat Aug 04, 2012, 12:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey milehigh

This is a little similar to previous live game post, because again we have a monster holding on the flop and we get unfortunate

Again stack sizes would be cool to know but again it's not a big deal because unless we are 100's of bb's deep we wouldn't be folding to the bb's shove.

This is the perfect scenario and you played the hand correctly.

If the bb is an extremely loose/crazy undpredictable player I would be calling his shove with as little as Q10o.

On this wet board it is likely we are going to get action from at least 1 of the 2 players from the blinds, so when we c bet 500 chips I am going to be crossing my fingers for one of these guys to give me action.

Well played, it doesn't seem to of been your night lol. Better luck next time

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com