Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6-max zoom: Folding KK pre-flop

Old
25NL 6-max zoom: Folding KK pre-flop - Mon Aug 06, 2012, 08:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
I know this might seem crazy, but in some cases I eally don't see my opponents shoving QQ or AKs. When my opponents make this min 5bet, can you still call it a cooler, or is it possible to get away from KK.

If my opponents shove instead of min 5bet, I'm stacking off all day long. But when they mmin 5bet me, I just know they have AA, but can't really find a fold. I felt pretty confident i made the right laydown, but I am just wondering how you guys feel about it. Maybe you can look in your database for when you stacked off KK pe-flop, and see how often you won vs a min 5bet.

Old
Mon Aug 06, 2012, 10:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi Tom,

to be folding KK pre 100bb deep the read for your opponent to just have AA in that spot must be precise. In hand no 2 if you think villain's range is {AA} he actually offers you the correct odds to setmine and call IP. In example 1 this is not the case but I still would not want to fold just for the sheer randomness of such a situation. Opp might just be clicking buttons or still going crazy w/ AK or QQ.

In case you are pretty sure your opponents 3betting range is wider than their stackoff range when you 4bet them you might also want to consider flatting KK against the 3b.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com