Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

In-game software

Old
In-game software - Tue Aug 07, 2012, 10:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
I've been reading alot about software that people are buying and was wondering if Pokerstars had any plans to implement their own ?

I know they have alot on their plate right now with Full Tilt and all , but maybe you could add such software to VIP store and be allowed to purchase with points.

Dean

Old
Tue Aug 07, 2012, 11:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Dean!

That would be a great one to send to ideas@pokerstars.com.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 07, 2012, 11:08 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
done

Old
Wed Aug 08, 2012, 03:20 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Not something I would usually worry about, but I was just watching my kitten attacking my fuse box, and this post made me think...

It'd be cool if PStars offered a basic HUD with regular stats.

Also, it would be cool if PStars banned ALL tracking software.

Just one of those things.

Think Stars is pretty good about what flies, though.

'scuse me. I'm gonna go sleepy now.

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi,

PokerStars is very unlikely to ban all tracking software. We think it is important that players be able to track and analyse their play for a whole variety of reasons. This includes, but is not limited to:

a) Players are able to use that data to ensure that our shuffling is random and fair

b) Players can use that data to review their own play and get better (in much the same way that many other professional sports will feature people who want to study their own play and improve)

c) Players can use that data in case they think another player is cheating somehow

d) Players can use that data to accurately record how much they have won or lost

All of those reasons may be important to some players.

Sincerely,

Michael J
PokerStars Security Team

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostMichaeJO View Post
Hi,
(in much the same way that manyother professional sports will feature people who want to study their own play and improve)
That's funny Mike...lol poker's a game
Sorry just made me laugh....lol
That being said, I'm not for banning software by any stretch, but do think it should be offered for free, or at least at a very low cost so anybody who wants to, can use it, if they have the inclination to do so. I'm one of the futunate ones that can afford it, (and will be using it when US folks are allowed to play again), as I dont want to be behind the eightball in comparison to the regs, trying to remember how this or that guy/gal plays once I have a descent sample size of info to go on. And it will never (for me) replace in game info I pick up, or notes i've taken, but is a must for accurate self analysis, and record keeping. But I digress... lol ..offering it here for fpps or at a low cost is an EXCELLENT idea..

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
It's debatable... Phil Ivey just tweeted this the other day:

Phil Ivey ‏@philivey
People ask me if professional poker is a sport…it takes innate ability, preparation, endurance, skill and hard work, in my opinion—yes.

On the tracking software debate, I too agree this should never be banned for the reasons Michael stated. I also think that the fees the vendors charge for their product is reasonable, particularly with the offering of a small stakes version for micro players. Having these items available through the fpp store is an excellent idea.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:43 PM..

Old
Tue Aug 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
lol if that's the criteria for something to be a sport, it's a sport, but then so is my 8hr. a day 5 day a week, bust my hump job. And believe me, my job ain't no sport. Lol jus sayin'...

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Fri Aug 17, 2012, 12:23 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Snipit*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Having these items available through the fpp store is an excellent idea.
I thought so too
I'm cheapskate of all cheapskates.Hell even my skates are hand me downs , so I'm hoping if they do make this available that they don't wanna charge me 15,000vpp's.
I'm still trying to make a decent bankroll and tend to use my vpp's monthly , but I might have to start saving for this

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com