Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

World Cup of Poker IX **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION**

Old
World Cup of Poker IX **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION** - Thu Aug 09, 2012, 09:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010

World Cup of Poker IX

Represent Your Country in Poker’s World Cup!

The World Cup of Poker (WCP) is the event where you get to represent your homeland in one of the biggest events anywhere online. What’s more, countries that advance from the group stages get to go to the live final - held as part of the 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure (PCA) in The Bahamas. It’s about bragging rights, national pride, and proving that you are the best - and you can take part now.

How to Qualify for WCP IX

Stage 1: Team Selection

The action starts online, where 72 national teams will battle for the chance to make it to the PCA. Countries have been split into eight regional groups, with nine countries in each one.

Play for your country in any of the four $2.20 heads-up No Limit Hold’em Super Knockout tournaments and aim to finish as high as possible each time. Your country’s score for each tourney will be the highest individual cash by any player from that nation. After all tourneys have played out, each country will be ranked in their group based on their combined best finishes across the four tourneys. The country that tops their group will advance to the live final in The Bahamas! It’s a format that will favor the country that enters the most players, so be sure to tell as many of your countrymen as possible!

See the WCP Qualifiers page for times
and dates for your national team.

Stage 2: Player Selection

With eight national teams now though to the live final, it’s time to decide which four players get to represent them. This will be decided via free-to-play and cash qualifiers taking place on August 26 - see the Qualifiers page for times and buy-ins.

Each four-man team will then head off to the PCA in January 2013 to play the live final. Each team will also be assigned a pro player as their Captain, including members of Team PokerStars Pro and Team Online.

Full details of the live final at the 2013 PCA will be announced shortly - check back soon for more.

Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions about the World Cup of Poker and how to qualify for your country.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey, everybody ... just in case this got buried under stuff, and people hadn't noticed the dates for this thing, it starts today, and runs this weekend and next, with the 4 satties for each country running at the same time.

Was gonna list the times for every country, but I did 3 groups and got a little wiped out by the time I reached Russia ... gosh that's a big country!

May do a bit more after breakie!

Group 5 starts in a couple of minutes

Group 7
Taiwan - 10pm CST
Afghanistan - 2pm AFT
Uzbekistan - 3pm UZT, 4pm ALMT
Philippines - 6pm PHT
Japan - 7pm JST
Georgia – 2pm GET
South Korea – 7pm KST
Lebanon – 1pm EEST
New Zealand - 10am CST

Group 8
Australia – 9pm EST, 8:30 CST, 7 WST
Kazakhstan – 5pm ALMT
China – 7pm CST
Indonesia – 6pm WIB
Vietnam – 6pm ICT
Singapore – 7pm SGT
India – 4:30pm IST
Malaysia – 7pm MYT
Rest of the World -

Group 5
Russian Federation – 2am ANAT, 1pm VLAT, 12pm YAKT, 11pm IRKT, 10pm KRAT, 9pm NOVT, 8pm YEKT, 6pm MSK
Portugal – 3pm WEST
Lithuania – 5pm EEST
Austria – 4pm CEST
Norway – 4pm CEST
Israel – 5pm IDT
Ireland – 3pm IST
Armenia – 6pm AMT
Bosnia and Herzegovina – 4pm CEST

I guess the more participants each country has, the better the chances of people having a chance to make it to the live championships? And in the past, people from PSO have gone to similar tourneys - EasyChips and Damon ... and I think they won a free trip, and then prize money and a cup for winning? And even if we don't feel ready for that kind of thing, it's still kind of fun to play for our country, eh? Always

GL everybody!

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 10:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Cheers Trusty!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:15 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hey, GL Ireland!!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, these preliminary rounds can be found in 'Tourney' > 'Regional'. Although I only see my Group (Group 1) ... does everybody else only see their group too? And they're $2.20 heads-up knockouts with a bounty (no late registration) - not sure if they're regular speed or turbo.

Here's 3 more groups:

Group 4
United Kingdom – 4pm BST
Ukraine – 6pm EEST
Bulgaria – 6pm EEST
Denmark – 5pm CEST
Hungary – 5pm CEST
Finland – 6pm EEST
Estonia – 6pm EEST
Croatia – 5pm CEST
FYROM – 5pm CEST

Group 6
Netherlands – 6pm CEST
Romania – 7pm EEST
Sweden – 6pm CEST
Czech Republic – 6pm CEST
Latvia – 7pm EEST
Serbia – 6pm CEST
Turkey – 7pm EEST
Cyprus – 7pm EEST
Belgium – 6pm CEST

Group 3
Germany – 7pm CEST
Belarus – 8pm FET
Poland – 7pm CEST
Greece – 8pm EEST
Switzerland – 7pm CEST
Slovenia – 7pm CEST
Slovakia – 7pm CEST
Moldova – 8pm EEST
Albania – 7pm CEST

Sam

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:19 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Hi, trusty sam,

Do I find the world cup events under special in the tourney lobby?

Is my ip enough to enter me into the event for my country?

Is there any entry free with these 4 sattelites?

Is there only the 4 sattalites to enter in or some other buy in types you can enter?

What is the qualification of these sat's? ( I will see at lobby also. )

Am I right in recalling that the buyins to the final stage in qualification tournaments were steep, between $125and $700?
Hey Jigjig ...

I'm kind of into maps right now, eh? So I just thought I'd list the times for all the countries in case people forgot about this thing. So I wouldn't feel comfortable answering your questions - but I skimmed over the FAQ page and it seems to answer most of your questions. I could spoon-feed you the answers, but I feel like it might give you a nice little sense of accomplishment to go seek out and find the info your looking on your own!

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:55 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Hey Jigjig ...

I'm kind of into maps right now, eh? So I just thought I'd list the times for all the countries in case people forgot about this thing. So I wouldn't feel comfortable answering your questions - but I skimmed over the FAQ page and it seems to answer most of your questions. I could spoon-feed you the answers, but I feel like it might give you a nice little sense of accomplishment to go seek out and find the info your looking on your own!

+100000

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
No Rest of the World

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar

I couldn't think of what to put there ... my mind drew a blank - so that's what showed up in the space lol

Now I know what to put!

Group 8
Kuwait – 2pm AST

Also, here's the last 2 groups - I didn't realize when we have daylight savings time in Toronto, we're no longer considered EST ... it's called EDT. Did everybody know that except me? Did we all know that?

Group 1
Argentina – 8pm ART
Canada – 8:30pm NDT, 8pm ADT, 7pm EDT, 6pm CDT, 5pm MDT, 4pm PDT
Honduras – 5pm CST
Dominican Republic – 7pm AST
Guatemala – 5pm CST
Ecuador – 6pm ECT
Costa Rica – 5pm CST
Chile – 7pm CLT
Peru – 6pm PET

Group 2
Brazil – 9pm BRT
Mexico – 7pm CDT
Venezuela – 8pm VET
Uruguay – 9pm UYT
Bolivia – 8pm BOT
Paraguay – 8pm PYT
El Salvador – 6pm CST
Panama – 7pm EST
Colombia – 7pm COT

Also, the Support Your Country Closing Freeroll [$50,000] is tomorrow ... I had a pickle of a time trying to find it under 'Tourney' > 'Special', so people may need to search for it or something if you have a hard time finding it too or something ...

GL to everybody who plays it tomorrow!

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#9)
Hey Sam. Perhaps you should apply to PokerStars for a job and get paid for your promotional work. Thanks for the reminders.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 03:35 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Well first off, thank you for switching your first reply

I'll admit that part of my answer was a bit flip - because I felt like that page did answer most of your questions, and so if I could find the answers, then why couldn't you? But I didn't intend it in a malicious way ... it was just more out of bewilderment and frustration.

Like for the most part, I was sincerely trying to be supportive. Like, sometimes I get the feeling like you feel you don't have as much control over your enviroment as you would like, like maybe you don't always feel like you can trust the powers that be? Or maybe other times you maybe have an ideal in your mind of how you would wish to see things, and maybe life sometimes feels like it falls short? So I did honestly feel like the answers in the FAQ section might help allay your concerns about potential hidden costs. And I felt like by looking for the answers on your own, maybe you'd feel like you have the means and ability to find the reassurances you crave, and might then feel more in control of your environment and stuff?

Like poker is fun for me - I like poker, I like maps, cats, etc ... nothing too complicated. So I would wish for that for you too ... that you would feel some level of enjoyment more than frustration in playing poker and in participating in some of this PSO stuff

Like I guess part of me does tend prefer to be supportive rather than be at odds with people ... I guess because I'm a girl, I don't know ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Sat Aug 11, 2012 at 04:02 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 04:01 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxing View Post
Hey Sam. Perhaps you should apply to PokerStars for a job and get paid for your promotional work. Thanks for the reminders.

Good luck
Doug
Yeah, jigjig was right in his previous post - I don't have an angle ... I'm just enthusiastic ...

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
(#12)
as usual Sam, great job

lost my first match 3 more tries to go

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 09:21 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Hey, thx Marvin!! GL Philippines!!

Ya, 3 more to go

I forgot how tilting heads up makes me - yikes!! But good practice and stuff

Old
Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:40 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
When I clicked on a link to see if a leaderboard was up or anything, another link to the PokerStarsBlog page came up with a summary of last year's tournament.

Looks like it'll be so much fun for whoever gets to go represent their country! It's like a decathalon of poker, in that the teams have to play MTTs, SNGs, heads up, full ring and 6-max. And apparently they got a PS Team coach to help guide them

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/wcop/2...ke-090112.html

I guess these were the teams that got to go to the finals? And the results:

World Champions: Peru (267 points), $90,000
Runner-up. Netherlands (251 points), $65,000
3rd. Japan (247 points), $45,000
4th. Germany (244 points), $30,000
5th. Tajikistan (225 points), $20,000
6th. Rest of the World, (199 points*), $15,000
7th. Costa Rica (199 points*), $10,000
8th. France (192 points), $7,500
9th: Italy, (eliminated Day 1) $5,000

Sounds pretty fun for whoever gets to go!!

Old
Sun Aug 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I've got so much stuff on my plate poker-wise, just trying to learn how to plan a hand, and range better and stuff like that ... watching Chewme and Felix videos, that I've never gotten around to watching any of the heads up ones.

I'll bet they must help a lot, eh?

This hand to me kind of represents what it is about heads up that I find so awkward ... lol at the ending:

One of these days I'll have to find the time to check out the heads up videos to find out what we're supposed to do when we find ourselves in these kinds of situations

Old
Mon Aug 13, 2012, 12:47 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
So so tilted ... heads up is just not for me

Think I got some okay points for Canada, so hopefully that's helped Team Canada out a bit.

GL for everybody who intends to play next weekend!!

Old
Sat Aug 18, 2012, 06:10 AM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2010
Why i cannot find Group 8 in my client?

Support reply with this and i'm able to register for tomorrow ...

Make sure that you can see the regional tournaments by disabling the following option:

'Options' > 'Lobby Display Options' > 'Hide Country Restricted Tournaments'

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Sat Aug 18, 2012 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: add info

Old
Sat Aug 18, 2012, 03:42 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Hey, glad to hear support was able to offer a solution in time for tomorrow hitman

And big congrats there JigJig ... it's pretty huge to come in first (not just for the money! ), but all the big points seem to be going to first place as well.

And you guys are in the same group ... they've got a leaderboard up now, but I don't think it's been updated to include today. Will be interesting to see how close things are after they are.

http://www.pokerstars.com/wcp/results/

PS I caught a cold my from my little nephew, and now I can barely sit up straight ... may try downloading that mobile app so I can play lying down. But if I'm lying sideways, isn't the table always going to try and flip upright? I'm such an addict

Old
Sun Aug 19, 2012, 02:37 AM
(#19)
Since: Dec 2010
Congrats Jig! That is a big win!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
WCof Poker Group Tournaments - Sun Aug 19, 2012, 08:12 PM
(#20)
ChromeStar
Toutnament #598292142 heads up super knockout there was 472 entrants which means there should have been 236 tables heads up in the first round. There was 256 tables playing and there were also at my count 40 peeps sitting that didnt have a player with them, and they were complaining as they didnt get to play the first round. Why would that be and why are peeps who paid the entry fee of 2.10$ being knocked out and others getting an un necessary bye it seems. There was no reason at all for anyone to not have a player at their table in this tournament. This tournment is still in action so you can see in the lobby and there is still something wrong.

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com