Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max betting sets

Old
10NL 6-max betting sets - Wed Aug 15, 2012, 04:05 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

Non zoom 10NL didn't get dealt into a Milestone hand but I managed to play a couple of sets.

My 77 line was to call oop to set mine. Nice flop and wow I refrained from a donk bet.

I flat called the c-bet as I didn't want to throw a rock in the water. On the turn comes the second barrel so I raise to get more money in the pot. Now checking the river and raising is this a bit risky?
Would the correct line be to bet since I raised on the turn but then I'd hate to be raised off the hand?

My 99 line c/o open raise and just calling the 3b. I think that villains think I'm on a steal maybe 3b light? I don't think I have implied odds to set mine even if the btn comes along so is this a correct call?

Now on dream flop the villain leads out so best to get the chips in on the flop.

Thanks

Old
Wed Aug 15, 2012, 11:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi FF,

In the future please try to keep it to 1 hand per post, so when good discussions ensue we're all talking about the same hand.

In the 77 hand I would generally raise this flop, or check/call, then bet the turn. I don't like the check-call/check-raise line as much on a dry ace high board because it's the type of situation where he either has a big ace or he doesn't... when he doesn't he's not likely to give us more action anyway (unless he sucks out), and when he does he will call a flop raise and may even 3b with AK/AQ, so we start growing the pot immediately vs. those hands. The reason most sane opponents won't continue to give action to our check-call without a decent ace is because when we check-call this dry board our hand looks like at least an ace. Now you didn't give any reads or info at all () so I'm saying this in a vacuum. Obviously with reads you might adjust. Like if the villain were a huge spewy bluffer, then I don't mind check-calling for example.

In the 99 hand, we definitely do not have implied odds to set mine and I don't like calling preflop here tbh. However if you think he's 3-betting light a lot then you can 4b and get it in profitably vs. his half stack. Not sure why you felt like he was (no reads ), I think his action looks pretty strong squeezing from out of position for 20% of his stack, so readless I would assume he's got a big hand here and would just pass as we're not in good shape vs. a strong range.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 16, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Hi Dave,

Sorry for putting two hands in one thread and not giving any reads. I should have set the scene better. I am trying to learn two cash tabling and had one 5NL and one 10NL tables tiled and found I was missing some showdown action. Then had to open the re-player which obscured current action on the other table. Anyway excuses over

Both hands were in context of the same player, I could have put a third hand in were I got him earlier. As for reads there were no open limps on the 10NL table and quite a lot on the 5NL table which I mark orange. The 10NL table was all red (open raisers) and this specific opponent would sometimes do well then lose and re-buy $5 each time. So what is that a LAG short stack player?

I think I understand what you are saying in 77 hand. Raising the c-bet not a donk lead? Or with my check/call line to lead out on the turn? Not a fan of that don't we fold out good Ax maybe two pair? OK I am worried about TT on the turn but with my line (probably misguided) I'd be 3b on the turn and realize I'm behind . Actually the re-player didn't show it was AJ and made two pair on the river.

Agreed on the 99 hand. I did think of a min open to give me space to 4b - honest! And I'd have walked into AA.

Thanks for the analysis

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Aug 16, 2012 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: my check/call line

Old
Thu Aug 16, 2012, 02:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
I think I understand what you are saying in 77 hand. Raising the c-bet not a donk lead? Or with my check/call line to lead out on the turn? Not a fan of that don't we fold out good Ax maybe two pair? OK I am worried about TT on the turn but with my line (probably misguided) I'd be 3b on the turn and realize I'm behind . Actually the re-player didn't show it was AJ and made two pair on the river.:
I prefer the check-raise, as I expect the villain to c-bet his entire range on this board when checked to, so you get an extra bet out of his non-ace hands. Check-call/bet line works better if the turn card brings back door draws, villains will suspect we peeled and picked up some kind of draw and may call us with a big non-ace pair type of hand, or raise with a big ace. But in this case I def. prefer check-raising the guy to get his c-bet in there and build the pot asap vs. a big ace should he have one.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com