Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Table names

Old
Table names - Fri Aug 17, 2012, 04:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
At a friend's house, he's got a free world account, let's do some milestone lottery ring micro stuff.

Micro meaning .01/.02... not only it's really hard to get a seat they fill up so fast...the names of the tables, if you have to choose one that hasn't got a really bad name to it, it's almost impossible.

I mean, we're not really superstitious - just a reasonable little bit, you know...

List of the tables at the moment:
Shaula (it's the tail of the Scorpion, you want to play there?)
Requiem II (er... :)
Deimos (the moon of Mars named for Dread)
Martir
Tantalus (no sht)
Lacrimosa III (means tearful)
Aeternitas, Cassandra, Scylla, Carybdis, far, king, hell, we waited a while we got Phobos (the other Mars moon, Fear), as well.

Ulla, Deflotte, Pherkad, Spiridonia, we tried to get a seat at Harmonia II, by the time we got there, it had three people on the waiting list.

Boy they make it hard. Wonder why...

Old
Sat Aug 18, 2012, 07:13 AM
(#2)
A free world account ( I wrote a few posts on the subject recently) is, in poker terms, an account in parts of the world where you can play poker online against players from other countries.

The USA, Italy, France, Spain, Belgium, Estonia, Denmark, etc., are not part of it.
And it's getting smaller...

Quote:
As for the rest of the post, lol comes to mind
Yeah, that was the idea actually :)

Bear in mind though, that at that time there was virtually no table selection available, hiding full tables (at 6-max) gave you a few tables (with the nice names) that appeared and disappeared faster than you could get a seat at them.

Old
Sat Aug 18, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
A free world account ( I wrote a few posts on the subject recently) is, in poker terms, an account in parts of the world where you can play poker online against players from other countries.

The USA, Italy, France, Spain, Belgium, Estonia, Denmark, etc., are not part of it.
And it's getting smaller...

Yeah, that was the idea actually

Bear in mind though, that at that time there was virtually no table selection available, hiding full tables (at 6-max) gave you a few tables (with the nice names) that appeared and disappeared faster than you could get a seat at them.
Hi Don,

Over here in the Free World I had been having the same problem, so I reverted to using the 'EasySeat' option - which seems to have improved since I last used it when it first appeared.

If you can access it where you are, I recommend using it with the options set to your own preferences, but the less conditions you set the quicker you should get seated

For instance for FR $0.01/$0.02 I am currently setting min players to 5-7, min average pot to 25xBB ($0.50), ignoring all the other options and looking for 6 tables - it takes time but eventually it finds 6 seats with those parameters.

I'm guessing people using this feature are a big part of the reason it is hard to get on a table manually these days.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sat Aug 18, 2012, 10:21 AM
(#4)
Unfortunately I'm back in the U.S.S...er... Apartheid Land.

So it's play money, and they have "group tables" there and you don't have to see the names list, you just end up at Crapola III and ignore it.

I'll check that Easy Seat as soon as I move to Kazakhstan though ;)

Old
Sat Aug 18, 2012, 12:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
They have names ?

Old
Sat Aug 18, 2012, 02:42 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanihilator View Post
They have names ?

+1

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com