Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

No Limit Holdem Heads Up SNG - A9o

Old
No Limit Holdem Heads Up SNG - A9o - Sun Aug 19, 2012, 08:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
2nd duel with this opponent.

Reads:
1.) Loose
2.) Plays OOP to much
3.) Floats incredibly light, and gets there/improves on the river

The line that the villain took doesn't really fall in to previously played hands (tendencies) when it comes to playing monster hands. I like how they called off the extra chips here.
Thoughts on taking different line with ??

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 19, 2012, 09:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
WhiteStar
i don't like it, just ask urself the following questions:

what hands gonna call ur allin on the flop?
=>
why allin on the flop against that calling range?

normally with a stack like this and an ace high (means showdown value) on a paired board i very much like to check behind, pot control and cause against an aggressive opponent i am in a bad spot somehow

so my line on the flop is: check behind

the way it was played, it's either fold to this reraise or if you think he has a decent range of bluffs here call, but makes no sense to isolate urself only against better hands (i dont see him calling J8 here, srsly), so call the flop and get induce a followup allin bluff on the turn (as i said, only if u think he is capable of this, otherwise fold to flop reraise)#

since right now, i dont look in here regularly, msg me, if i should look into this thread again, u got me on skype

Old
Sun Aug 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
It was an interesting spot that's for sure.

When the villain c/r the flop I asked myself "what range is he trying to get value from given my stack size and their bet sizing"? If indeed he had any piece of that board he would c/c to extract value >>re-evaluate turn.

The only hands that really connect well with that board are obviously Tx and 6x and I believe there are enough bluffs in his range for this A high jam to be profitable (ex. villains range: flush draws, gutters, K high, worse A high, under pairs etc..)

If I call the raise I lose the initiative in the pot on the turn plus it is half my stack to call... I'm in a tough spot on the turn if they decide to fire that second barrel even though I turn a back door flush draw..

The jam ensures that I regain the initiative in the pot as my intuition is telling me that they are bluffing based on their bet sizing/tendencies...and will fold... (Glad they called though) lolpotodds

Thanks for your thoughts Andre. I will get back to you on skype

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com