Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2FR JJ utg cbet or no?

Old
NL2FR JJ utg cbet or no? - Mon Aug 20, 2012, 10:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
hi,
jusy a wee bit curious here, usually i c bet here, infact i usually cbet if im pre flop raiser angainst one person, nearly all the time, i think my cbet stat mite be too high and geting raised alot so im trying the delayed c-bet, which i was gonna do here, if a safe turn came,... looking back i think i should of just c-bet flop, and maybe even bet turn, ?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...492_2E6F7D63D9

Old
Mon Aug 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi UR,

You haven't provided any villain reads, and that's kind of important to how I would play this spot.

In a vacuum, the villain is not playing a full stack so I would assume they are fishy, and c-bet this flop. We can get value from spade draws, including worse spade draws than ours that decide to draw hoping we don't have a spade. Maybe even a worse pair if they are bad enough. Maybe a float to represent spades if the 4th one comes if they are tricky or bluffy. And if we run into an ace they are not very terribly likely to have AK or AQ so our spade draw should be live, giving us reasonable hand equity to fall back on (11 outs).

After he checks the flop definitely I like betting the turn, the ace paring makes it less likely he actually has one, and more likely he will now call with worse pairs not believing us since we checked the flop.

As played I would not fold unless the villain was a super-nit. We've checked to him twice, if anything will induce a bluff or semi-bluff that would tend to do it, so I'm not folding now unless I feel pretty confident the villain will never bluff even in a scenario that seems ripe for it.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com