Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

hyper-turbo satellites

Old
hyper-turbo satellites - Mon Aug 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hey all,

I recently tried out hyper-turbo 6-max satellites. These tournaments start with 500 in chips, and 25/50 blinds and a 10 chip ante. The blinds dubble every 3 minutes. After 100 of these tournaments (which i know is a very small samplesize), my ROI in EV is like 1%.

The buy-in for the tournaments i played was $3,80, the top 2 finishers get a ticket to the sunday storm and the 3rd one gets $0,38. If you win a satelite, you can unregister and take the tournament dollars.

I didn't find any training videos on PSO, ultimategrinders **removed link JWK24** and cardrunners. I was wondering if any1 had ay strategy guides and BR management guidelines for these tournaments. I think it can be very rewarding to be a winning player at these games, because they last 10 minutes max.

I know a bit about ICM but maybe some of you guys has a chart with shoving ranges in general.

Tom

Last edited by magiciantom; Mon Aug 20, 2012 at 07:54 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 20, 2012, 06:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Well,those hyper turbo's ask for high variance.In my opinium,hyper turbo 6max satt is mostly gambling and being lucky all the time.About bankroll-management:I prefer to have 150buy-ins for that.

Good luck buddy !

Old
Mon Aug 20, 2012, 10:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Just what you asked for from spacegravy.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TOO2COO; Sun Aug 26, 2012 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Fixing Link

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com