Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Pretty lame brag....but

Old
Pretty lame brag....but - Tue Aug 21, 2012, 11:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
After what has been a horrific run of results for me at the tables I have managed to finished 3rd in a 45 man SnG tourney. 2nd in my 6 player SnG and then 1st in the next one after that.

Add-in an overall winning total at cash games (Not a lot but still) and I am feeling a little better about my game.

I've actually played well and got positive results.

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 07:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
A late reply but it always helps when you get something from the game. Hopefully it will inspire you to something better. I find if I cash in anything then it boosts my confidence and I play well in subsequent games. Similarly if I fail to cash after a few games then my confidence goes and I start to play badly.

Keep that run going, you know the big win will come sooner rather than later.

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 11:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I've played a lot more since I made the original post. Won quite a few $1.50 SnG's and got a 8bb win rate in 2NL Zoom over nearly 4,000 hands. So I am doing better than I had been.

Feel like I know what I am doing now.

Old
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
I'm playing around 10 years with a positive ROI and still learning. There are days when everything will fall into place but there will be other days when you really bang your head. As long as you keep looking over hand histories and learn by your mistakes you will do well. There are a lot more bad players than good in this game, you don't have to be the best to win in this game.

This site will give you a 5 year head start over me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com