Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

not new to poker just new to PSO

Old
Cool
not new to poker just new to PSO - Tue Aug 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
hi just joined PokerSchoolOnline. I have been playing pokerstars play money for years. I have played some real money online games. I am a US player so I just joined the home games.

Question: How do I receive a RANK if I cannot play real money games.

To the real good players I seem like a rookie and to the semi-new players I seem like a seasoned pro.

I play certain level games and I either dominate or have a good game.

I move up a level and I get stomped, pushed around and thrown off my game.

remember: IF YOU CANNOT FIND THE "FISH" AT THE TABLE IT IS PROBABLY YOU.

I have been playing the 6 player 2000 sit N go and if I am on my game I almost always place first or second. In a few days of playing I have bankrolled up to 30k.

I played a 10k buy-in table and got my butt handed to me, I could not manange to do anything but nail a good hand bet and they always fold when I am holding anything good. so I am kinda stuck in the middle. they say you only get better by playing better players.
maybe the home games will give me what I am looking for.
I play maybe three to four days a week -usually 2 to 4 hours.

it IS a lot of fun to play when I can read the other players easily, there is almost always one or more that is over aggressive/often overplaying their hand and I wait till the right hand and trapping is easy.
ended up where I had a A 10 and he had an A 5, he went all-in and it was an easy win.

usually to get the table down to three players, should require almost No luck. I dont like to get myself backed into a corner where I have to get lucky to win. When it comes down to head to head if you are careful and paitent you can almost always pull a win.
the last game I was down to 550 and came back to win. when I had less than 1k he has 8k I think.
fighting my way back from 2k to even only took 30 min.

I finished with four of a kind in sevens
that was fun
yoshinanda

Old
Tue Aug 21, 2012, 05:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi yoshinanda

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnLine. we have some great features on the site for you to enjoy, this link will help you find your way around.
Again welcome, and good luck.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com