Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

A new look! poll: is it good or bad?

View Poll Results: Do you like or dislike the new PSO website look.
Yes I like it 12 20.34%
No I dislike it. 47 79.66%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old
Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007
I am not going to vote in the poll yet but first impressions are not good at all.

I read someone saying that it was much cleaner than the old forum in live training, but being clean and yet being unable to find a video, or access the first page of the league or look at the profile or the number of games played of another player seems to me to be much more important. A clean interface is one thing but it would be good if features that we are all used to would work as before!!

Again, it is beyond me that all these things were not tested before going live with this update.

Things that I expected to be fixed in terms of forum use are still unresolved: access is still pedestrian whether by normal pc or mobile, the time setting is fine when logged out but reverts to uk time when logged in, forum navigation is still a pain and as a new added bonus you can not resize the screen in mobile either for the forum or the rest of the site. Oh and just for added delight they seem to have banjaxxed the replayer as well.

And please for god's sake get rid of that community box above the forum page and the grey/blue borders at the side of each page. It is a terrible waste of space and an eyesore in the sense that it gives you sore eyes. I have zoomed in on my view settings X 3 just to make writing and reading this post bearable.

cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
I hate change.

YUCK

I couldnt even figure out how to login

Old
Wed Aug 22, 2012, 09:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
I don't hate change - usually. I'm not liking this change much so far. I thought the last user interface was a little clunky, but this one is even worse.

Old
Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
I have to re-do the quizzes ?
It took me forever to pass the last ones.

I'm done.

Good luck everyone

Old
Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
(#5)
Nah just think that is a bug as well Dean. You will not have to redo them.....hopefully.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Please change dislike to abhor in the poll.

Old
Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:51 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Please change dislike to abhor in the poll.
LOL

Old
New Look - Thu Aug 23, 2012, 03:35 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2012
I liked the old feature whereby you could see where you finished in each tournament. Now it seems like you can only determine what points you scored rather than where you finished as well. Too bad.

Old
Thu Aug 23, 2012, 06:51 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
Topthecat, why did you vote yes ???

This site is poo.

Does not look like we are a community,
Before the site looked buzzing with information, if you looked at the forums page, looked like so many talks going on, now it looks like a cheap replacement site from a template.

took me forever to find out how to login.

Tons of content missing, bugs everywhere, colours giving me headache.

GO BACK TO THE OLD VIEW please
and make adjustments there...don't drop this on us like a huge bombshell.

Just because everyone else is trying out these sort of colours and designs, DOES NOT MEAN we should follow the heard, we are not sheep.

PSO was awesome before, now i dont even like looking if a new video has been posted.

BTW i just realised on top before you can see if a new video has been uploaded, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THIS!!!!

+1 to what dallas said

I would like to know how people got their points properly not just looking at their overall score, because it ensured me this was a worthwhile venture and not a advertising scam so that people play more on the site.
- which im sure is how it looks now to new pso'ers, im sure they will not believe its possible to beat the top guys, because there is so much info that is hidden from them

Last edited by behappy621; Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 06:58 AM..

Old
Thumbs down
Thu Aug 23, 2012, 07:30 AM
(#10)
I have not voted at all!!!!! LOL

You might notice that there is a list of people that numbers more than the three votes. This is yet another bug. I definitively have to vote NO now!!!

This is a disaster on a titanic scale

There is simply no other way to describe it. I could not even put in a smiley to highlight my disgust because the extra ones are jiggered as well.

Cheers,

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 07:42 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 23, 2012, 07:40 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
Ive voted no after reading some of posts. I like the look but the old layout was much better imo. Ive never watched any videos but as a training school the original version was better for newbies.

Old
Thu Aug 23, 2012, 08:13 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
The old video archive was so simple.. Now it is impossible to find a video with those huge 5 videos per page

Old
no no no - Thu Aug 23, 2012, 09:12 AM
(#13)
ChromeStar
I dont like this new forum at all, the format is like so many others on the web. Also when I did want to read something it was usually because I could see certain persons posted , now that is gone so Im not going to be bothered paging through all these sub titles to see if there is something worth looking up.

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 23, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#14)
PSO members often remind me of the old farts that hang out at the bingo hall, upset over any change and full of complaints (See any FREE promo PSO has ever offered).

Should probably have waiting at least a week before running something silly like this, to give people a chance to get used to it first, and for some of the bugs to get worked out. Just my 2 cents though.

I can just imagine how this poll will turn out ....

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 09:49 AM..

Old
New & Improved? Ummm... yeah-no - Thu Aug 23, 2012, 09:50 AM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2011
BronzeStar
I'm not opposed to change, if the change is good, but as with most "new and improved" situations this is definitely not as good as the old format. Having some experience in these matters please know that I mean no offense to whomever created this change. These things can get dicey sometimes and the road to perfection always has a few twists and turns, humps and bumps, and a usually a U-turn or two....

If I had a vote I would say go back to the way it was.

Oh wow.... I DO have a vote! Now that is good

(But the new look...bad bad)

Old
Centered - Thu Aug 23, 2012, 09:54 AM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2011
BronzeStar
Also, I'm curious why the posts are all automatically center aligned, I've never seen that before, and I can't seem to get the bold font to apply. Probably just glitches that need to be corrected, just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by i luv 2Jo; Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
The thing I dislike is being unable to get to the very end of a topic with ease. Maybe it is me, but I have troubles navigating the forum that I never had before the change.

I also noticed that everything posted prior to the change is now centered. Talk about weird. Now all the numbers I worked so hard to arrange in an ordered manner look like an idiot uploaded.

I'm also finding it hard to even find the forum. Use to be a button, now I have to find the "hot topic," click on that, and then go to the forum's main page. Extra work for what should be KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)

ADDED: Now even the text is centered without having chosen the option. Worse, you cannot fix it via the edit.

Last edited by Cairn Destop; Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 23, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#18)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
#1.It took me 3 days to find out where to login.
#2.Poker Stars Status Symbols, i.e. SilverStars < dislike it.

guess that's 2 from me for I hate it.

Glad I keep my bracelet though!

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: make #2>#1 and #3>#2

Old
Thu Aug 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post

I'm also finding it hard to even find the forum. Use to be a button, now I have to find the "hot topic," click on that, and then go to the forum's main page.
Bunch of Forum buttons on the bottom - last posts etc all same as before. Hope that helps

Old
New Look - Thu Aug 23, 2012, 11:20 AM
(#20)
Since: Nov 2011
It's terrible. Just spent 25 minutes looking for one of the langoliers videos. It usually takes 20 seconds, I've given up now. Please sort this out or loose a customer, it's awful.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com