Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Badugi

Old
Badugi - Fri Aug 24, 2012, 04:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hey all

Do you know if there will ever be a Badugi training video in the somewhat near future? Something beyond the basic rules and more on intermediate strategy. I assume the answer is no as the demand is not as high for the game, just curious.

Peace

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 10:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
2-7 NL Single draw video, and about PL Omaha videos would be a nice choice of them all too.

NLHE is way too overrated. I mean, it's easy to play, and people often join the tournaments
just for fun. nothing else. They tilt and give others bad beats. Okay, I stop moaning

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 10:57 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Yep, you spelled it right. Afterall, I belive that Badugi, and NL 2-7 Single draw, with 8 game players are way more skilled then Holdem. Or they just try to keep the field smaller. For some reasons...You can see only 1 tournament at special tournament sections of NL 2-7 at a week.

Last edited by Ccorpion666; Sat Jun 01, 2013 at 11:04 AM..

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
From what Dave has said in the past, the training tool wouldn't support Draw or Stud games so they can't run live training tables.

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
That's bad, someone needs to convince dave to do these trainings. They can make it, I am sure lol Also,
it will give, maybe some new sponsors to the page.

Last edited by Ccorpion666; Sat Jun 01, 2013 at 02:52 PM..

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 01:46 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Hey all,

The training tool doesn't support draw or stud games. I have tested but the hole cards don't display. The programming effort for making a training tool that would work with these formats isn't small, and the popularity of these games just isn't there. I feel you, I love the stud game variants and would be happy (and feel qualified) to train on them. (Sorry, I wouldn't be training on draw games even if the system supported it, I suck at the draw games, have little formal knowledge or experience at them and am certainly not qualified to train anyone on 2-7 etc).

The training tool is supposed to support omaha, although we've had problems in the past with only the first 2 hole cards displaying (it recognized the games as holdem). We are hoping to have some omaha training this month actually, assuming a TT that works with it. I have scheduled PSOSOP trainings on a PLO event and Limit O/8 event, Andy is slating NLO8, etc.

Also I would be happy to do member reviews for PLO or LO8 players (the omaha variants I play), anyone who wants one shoot me a message.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 07:23 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Thank you dave for answering! Let us know when theres first Omaha training session.

Last edited by Ccorpion666; Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 04:54 PM..

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 04:46 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
But, you should somehow try to do some NL 2-7 trainings too, have ever pokerschool planned to open a channel at youtube, where they could upload everyweek some videos, or every month? I love these two games, since I have learned them little by little, but I can't still play well.

Last edited by Ccorpion666; Mon Jun 03, 2013 at 04:54 PM..

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 04:53 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccorpion666 View Post
But, you should somehow try to do some NL 2-7 trainings too, have ever pokerschool planned to open a channel at youtube, where they could upload everyweek some videos, or every month?

Hello Cc,

You can find the PSOOfficial youtube Channel here. Enjoy

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccorpion666 View Post
But, you should somehow try to do some NL 2-7 trainings too,
You can check the Pokerstars Pro videos for this content, if we have any it's there. The live trainers don't play 2-7, so you won't see training (like a theory session) on it from us. You certainly won't see it from me... at any random 2-7 table I'm pretty sure I would be the fish.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com