Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Simple vs Complicated HuD

Old
Simple vs Complicated HuD - Sat Aug 25, 2012, 08:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I've been using a fairly complex HuD for quite awhile and it feels like I've lost some of the old poker instincts that made the game so enjoyable in the first place. Any1 else feel like they're hud has made the game a little too robotic and have gone back to a much simpler HuD?

I think I'm going back to the old HuD "Kiss" style;

Keep It Simple Stupid

Any1 else use a very simple hud customization or do you ascribe by the "More data / information = better decisions" line of thinking?

I guess I'll keep it simple for now, but if it seems to be costing me too much I'll go back to Mr.Robot

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Old
Sat Aug 25, 2012, 11:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
I used PT4 for a while, I found the stats helpful, but I was just using the defaults. I found that every time PS updated, I had problems, so eventually I gave up.

I do believe that a hud can be very helpful, but nothing can replace your own observations.

Old
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Personally I am using HEM2 with a build-out "Expanded" HUD that is included with the software.

I am slowly adding more and more stats to it as I want those to be quickly available.
But this is for Cash games where I have over 500 hands of statistics on some people.

For tournaments I find this to much though. Especially since you will usually only get a maximum of like 50-100 hands on an opponent. And then deep analyses I generally useless because the sample size is too small.

And I indeed feel that the pure instincts of poker are more usefull.

Note that I only play cash games except maybe some sundays and specials.

Old
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 10:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
For a while I really got into the idea of using HUD stats to get a quick snapshot of peoples' play. So I tried adding a bunch of extra stats to my HUD, but found that when there were too many I just wound up tuning out and my attention would veer off to other things ...

But lately I've been really into the idea of using PT stats post-game to try and optimize my game? I use that Leak Busters program, and Felix was doing some database doctor stuff in his videos, etc.

Will see how it goes!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com