Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl qq

Old
2nl qq - Mon Aug 27, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011

Should I have just put him in on the turn ?

49/18/1/3 hand 101

Old
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 01:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
The short answer is no, I don't think so. You could bet a little bit larger on the turn, but in general I like leaving villain with a bit of money behind, in a spot like this where an all-in is greater than the size of the pot.

1. All-ins over pot tend to scare players who like to call.
2. All-ins tend to scare players who like to call.
3. Players who like to call... like to call.

If we bet a bit larger, but still leave him with some money behind, he is more liable to call with his weaker draws and hopeless made hands. Sometimes either of these hand types will outdraw us, but our opponent will not be taking much money from us with your turn sizing or a larger one. You managed to put a lot of money in ahead, don't sweat the little bit that got in behind.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com