Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

new kid on the block

Old
new kid on the block - Mon Aug 27, 2012, 08:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hey everyone Signed up here on PSO last night. Always liked poker just not to good at it. Dont got many friends really into it so i figured online is the best bet. Going to try for the beginner courses here and see how it goes. alot of information to remember thats for sure. Im guessing my best way to get better is to read and keep playing. Ill just be playing with play money for now. hopefully work my way up to cash games with small amounts we will see.. Anyway im here to say hello and hope to see some of you at the tables.

Old
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 08:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Taunto_88!

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link that will help to get you familiar with some of the things that PSO has to offer.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Freerolls - Mon Aug 27, 2012, 08:57 PM
(#3)
Hi. In addition to getting some practice in on the play money tables, you can also start to build a bankroll by entering some of the freerolls. The astronomers round one freeroll tournaments occur every forty minutes except for a few hours on Sunday. You can win a ticket to two round two freerolls on the weekend where you will be competing for $2000 in prizes. PSO has a Open Skill League with tournaments every four hours with a $10 prize pool. The month long league has a total month end prize pool of $11,000.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 10:06 PM
(#4)
Hmm very interesting. I read about some of those tournaments in the E-mail I received when signing up for this Poker school thing. Sounds like there is some nice prizes. I will for sure be looking into them here soon. Been doing not to bad today so far on the tables. Havent lost all the free play money yet haha.

Old
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
Hey Taunto welcome to the forum.
The freerolls are a good way to make free monies and if you DO decide to make a small deposit there's some good promotions you can get.
Check out some of the videos PSO has to offer as well

Good luck
Dean

When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.

Old
Wed Aug 29, 2012, 04:32 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto_88 View Post
Anyway im here to say hello and hope to see some of you at the tables.
Hi Taunto_88,

Nice to meet you,

My advice would be not to rush through the courses and videos here, spend a good deal of time studying each one and take it all in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 12:43 AM
(#7)
thanxs for all the help guys. The site and tournaments seems all scary at this time. so much stuff to read and watch and learn that it gets confusing it seems. Doing allright so far on free money games. Did a free roll game tourny tonight. wasnt to bad..didnt last too long. Need to keep reading the beginners training course tho. Took the test and got 8/15 and didnt pass oh well keep at it I guess.

Old
Fri Aug 31, 2012, 01:29 AM
(#8)
Um maybe im Just blind but where do i enroll in Cash Games? I would like to try it out but when I log into my poker stars thing all the games listed in the lobby are Play Money. Is there something i need to activate or something?

Old
Fri Aug 31, 2012, 06:11 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Taunto_88!

Did you download pokerstars.com or pokerstars.net. The cash games are only on the .com client.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 31, 2012, 08:19 PM
(#10)
haha ya looked into that this morning. Thanxs again for all yor help.

Old
Sat Sep 01, 2012, 12:33 PM
(#11)
Just wanted to post up saying thank you all again for all the help. I know it doesnt sound like much but im glad i have found this website. Great info and the school courses and quizes are a great help and good reference material. I recently started playing Cash games and so far only made a few bucks but im working my way up.

How do I earn VPP Points and the FPP points. I played in a free roll tournament last night and placed 200th or something and still got no fpp or vpp points. Just confused on this and the search function didnt reveal anything for me

Old
Sat Sep 01, 2012, 02:06 PM
(#12)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto_88 View Post
How do I earn VPP Points and the FPP points. I played in a free roll tournament last night and placed 200th or something and still got no fpp or vpp points. Just confused on this and the search function didnt reveal anything for me
Hi,

When you enter a real money tournament a small percentage is called the entrance fee. So a $1.50 tournament = $1.32 + $0.18 and the 18c gets you nearly 1 VPP.

You are considered a Bronze star VIP status until you earn 750 VPP in a month then you become a Sliver star.

As a Bronze star you earn 1 FPP (to buy stuff and enter free rolls) for each VPP you earn. Silver star is 1.5 FPP / VPP then... onward to Super Nova Elite

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Sep 01, 2012 at 02:15 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 01, 2012, 03:06 PM
(#13)
ohhh ok.. the free roll i entered was play money. Got ya.. Thanxs for the help forest.

Old
Sat Sep 01, 2012, 08:52 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome welcome welcome!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com