Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Bubble?

Old
Default
Bubble? - Tue Aug 28, 2012, 04:28 PM
(#1)
TheShadoooow's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 56
Hi all,
Little bit confused here.
The Open Skill League shows the top 90 places getting a share of the $10.00.
On the info page,it shows payouts to 1440 positions.Is this the bubble based on points given out each game,that count towards the monthly leaderboard?
Or where exactly does one consider the position that commences with positive points?
Am I making any sense?
Thanks!
TS
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 05:11 PM
(#2)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadoooow View Post
Hi all,
Little bit confused here.
The Open Skill League shows the top 90 places getting a share of the $10.00.
On the info page,it shows payouts to 1440 positions.Is this the bubble based on points given out each game,that count towards the monthly leaderboard?
Or where exactly does one consider the position that commences with positive points?
Am I making any sense?
Thanks!
TS

'In the money'
If you finish "in the money", youu will receive an additional three points.

You may notice, especially in our Open Skill League tournaments, a difference between the announced payout in the "Tournament Info" and in the tournament lobby. Here is the explanation:

The "Tournament Info" displays the theoretical payout of the prize pool as a percentage. When the actual prize amount for a place drops below $0.01 the prize is not credited to the player, but instead added to the prize of the tournament winner.

The PokerSchool Skill League points are calculated with the theoretical prize distribution. For example, a player that is theoretically entitled to a prize below $0.01 will receive no actual money award for the tournament, but he will still receive the additional three Skill League points for finishing in the money.


Read more: Skill League Scoring Formula – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...#ixzz24sSwdhpG

Ed
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#3)
HAPPYSAP's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 458
Hi Theshadooow, just noticed your a white star. never seen that before, just curious.
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 05:50 PM
(#4)
TheShadoooow's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
Hi Theshadooow, just noticed your a white star. never seen that before, just curious.
Means I'm so HOT that nobody can touch me!!
Juat kidding,that's the colour given to anybody that hasn't made their first vpp clearance to become bronze,I think.I noticed newcomers have it,also,which would put them in a similar situation.
TS
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#5)
TheShadoooow's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
'In the money'
If you finish "in the money", youu will receive an additional three points.

You may notice, especially in our Open Skill League tournaments, a difference between the announced payout in the "Tournament Info" and in the tournament lobby. Here is the explanation:

The "Tournament Info" displays the theoretical payout of the prize pool as a percentage. When the actual prize amount for a place drops below $0.01 the prize is not credited to the player, but instead added to the prize of the tournament winner.

The PokerSchool Skill League points are calculated with the theoretical prize distribution. For example, a player that is theoretically entitled to a prize below $0.01 will receive no actual money award for the tournament, but he will still receive the additional three Skill League points for finishing in the money.


Read more: Skill League Scoring Formula – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...#ixzz24sSwdhpG

Ed
Thanks Ed,
I took the long way around to find the answer I was looking for,so I'll put it this way.
I read a few posts about running the clock,and timing out,in the Open League.I recall people saying you will not get into the points,for the month end leader board,doing just that.
I was wondering?
Where exactly is it that the points 'Start'?
Is it when their are 1440 left?
Thanks,anyways!
TS
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
(#6)
TheShadoooow's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadoooow View Post
Means I'm so HOT that nobody can touch me!!
Juat kidding,that's the colour given to anybody that hasn't made their first vpp clearance to become bronze,I think.I noticed newcomers have it,also,which would put them in a similar situation.
TS
Ah,maybe not.
I see I am bronze in the client.
??????
TS
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 07:00 PM
(#7)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,809
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TheShadoooow!

To earn a payout at the end of the month, a player needs to finish in the top 2000 places and have played in at least 5 tourneys. The amount that you will receive is based on your finishing position and the number of VPP's that were earned the previous month (either less than 20VPP's or 20+VPP's).

Here is a link to the league scoring system. Where the points for a given game go from negative to positive will be a moving target based on your current league position and also the strength of the field.
As your score goes up, it will get harder to get positive points.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Patience is a virtue in the leagues, especially early in the tournaments. Only play premium hands and only go all-in when you are absolutely sure that you will have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board. That's the best advice that I can give.


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
(#8)
TheShadoooow's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi TheShadoooow!

To earn a payout at the end of the month, a player needs to finish in the top 2000 places and have played in at least 5 tourneys. The amount that you will receive is based on your finishing position and the number of VPP's that were earned the previous month (either less than 20VPP's or 20+VPP's).

Here is a link to the league scoring system. Where the points for a given game go from negative to positive will be a moving target based on your current league position and also the strength of the field.
As your score goes up, it will get harder to get positive points.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Patience is a virtue in the leagues, especially early in the tournaments. Only play premium hands and only go all-in when you are absolutely sure that you will have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board. That's the best advice that I can give.
Thanks John,
So what your saying is that there is no actual starting point for scoring.The higher you climb on the leaderboard,the deeper you have to finish in the daily tourney before you start getting any points.The poorer your monthly total,and in the same tourney as the above guy,means you don't have to go as deep to start collecting points.
That is actually how I figured it worked,BUT....................
Let me try this one last time?

I outright WIN the first 50 tourneys scheduled!
I go out and celebrate my fantastic fortune at being so lucky!
I make it home in time to play the very next one,but my stomach full of beer is rumbling from running so fast to get there.
I play horrible,and come in 1440th.
I get 0,zilch,nada,no points!!!!!
Not even the 3 Ed spoken about earlier?
You see John,if I do get those 3 points,then that is the bubble,isn't it?
Thanks,anyways!
Barry
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 07:52 PM
(#9)
wiltshireman's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,569
(Moderator)
Hi Theshadooow,
Quote:
just noticed your a white star. never seen that before, just curious
Just for your info, the white star above a players name indicates that they are PokerStars.net players.


Moderator
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 08:10 PM
(#10)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,809
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadoooow View Post
Thanks John,
So what your saying is that there is no actual starting point for scoring.The higher you climb on the leaderboard,the deeper you have to finish in the daily tourney before you start getting any points.The poorer your monthly total,and in the same tourney as the above guy,means you don't have to go as deep to start collecting points.
That is actually how I figured it worked,BUT....................
Let me try this one last time?

I outright WIN the first 50 tourneys scheduled!
I go out and celebrate my fantastic fortune at being so lucky!
I make it home in time to play the very next one,but my stomach full of beer is rumbling from running so fast to get there.
I play horrible,and come in 1440th.
I get 0,zilch,nada,no points!!!!!
Not even the 3 Ed spoken about earlier?
You see John,if I do get those 3 points,then that is the bubble,isn't it?
Thanks,anyways!
Barry
Hi Barry!

Everyone starts each month with 1500 points.

As a player accumulates points, where 0 pts will be at will go up and will depend on a player's score, field strength and size of field. It will always be a floating number and can be anywhere from say top 60% give or take, to having to get ITM to get points.
The only way to always guarantee positive points is to get ITM.

"The higher you climb on the leaderboard,the deeper you have to finish in the daily tourney before you start getting any points.The poorer your monthly total,and in the same tourney as the above guy,means you don't have to go as deep to start collecting points."

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 09:12 PM
(#11)
bearxing's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 499
You can see all the individual tournament results and how many points they gained or lost for that tournament just click on their points total in the leaderboard. At the end of the month the league leaders may have tofinish in the top 10% to avoid a negative score.

Good luck
Doug


3 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 28, 2012, 09:25 PM
(#12)
Deanihilator's Avatar
Since: Mar 2012
Posts: 95
BronzeStar
Focus on ITM.
Anything else is unacceptable.
Once you're ITM , you're golden.

Someone said that if you take the number of places paid times two , gives you positive points.Not sure if this works , but that gave me an idea for PSO "tool"
Kinda like odds calculator except you can determine where you need to place in order to get + points for the leagues.

Dean


When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 29, 2012, 04:05 AM
(#13)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
ITM does not guarantee +ve points.

You will be able to tell from your own detailed score history roughly where you need to be to get +ve points as the month plays out and your score increases.

You can always check out the current OSL Leaders points details for an idea where you need to finish to get +ve points when you are scoring extremely well.

SCORE HISTORY FOR XYAH MATYC
Date Participants Position Start Scored End
27 Aug 15:00 ET 9628 101 2754.82 44.57 2799.39
22 Aug 19:00 ET 8477 337 2728.17 26.65 2754.82
22 Aug 11:00 ET 10000 563 2711.37 16.8 2728.17
22 Aug 03:00 ET 10000 569 2694.30 17.07 2711.37
21 Aug 23:00 ET 10000 838 2689.60 4.7 2694.30
21 Aug 11:00 ET 10000 1646 2707.83 -18.23 2689.60
21 Aug 03:00 ET 10000 89 2659.18 48.65 2707.83
20 Aug 23:00 ET 10000 1381 2668.39 -9.21 2659.18
20 Aug 19:00 ET 8357 321 2638.26 30.13 2668.39
20 Aug 15:00 ET 9491 1094 2641.64 -3.38 2638.26
20 Aug 11:00 ET 10000 1453 2654.67 -13.03 2641.64

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/lea...#ixzz24v5bSYFt


ITM gets you 3 extra points, but overall you may still be negative depending on the other scoring factors.

So if the bubble is 1440 - 1441st might get you 20pts, 1440th would be something like 23.14

or if you are very high up the league

1441st might get you -15pt, whereas 1440th would be -12.14

3 extra points for ITM - plus a little for the extra place

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
(#14)
TheShadoooow's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
ITM does not guarantee +ve points.

ITM gets you 3 extra points, but overall you may still be negative depending on the other scoring factors.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

That sums it up the best,I guess.Now everything else makes sense.
Thanks Ed!
Barry
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com