Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Official Full Ring vs 6-max Challenge #2

Old
Official Full Ring vs 6-max Challenge #2 - Thu Aug 30, 2012, 01:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

We are planning to run the next team challenge for PSO members who either play 6-max or full ring No Limit Hold'em cash games, starting on September 15th at 00:01 ET and running for a full month this time, ending on October 14th at 23:59 ET (ok actually 1 month + an extra weekend, games are good on the weekends

We will be forming two community teams - one for 6-max and one for full ring - that will be competing against each other in a race for the most profit. Team members will have to be starting out on 2NL with an $80 bankroll and grind their way up using our bankroll management guidelines.

I will be supervising team full ring and xflixx will be supervising Team 6-Max. The team with the highest total profit will be the winner.

For this purpose, Flix and I will be opening up a team blog for each team to post results and daily updates about their performance. The blogs can also be used to post and discuss hands or questions with your team mates and team trainer. During the challenge Flix and I will be holding live training sessions to present and discuss the team's performance, stats, possible leaks and to review interesting hand histories.

We will start gathering teams at this time. You can sign up if you will be able to meet the following requirements:

Terms & Conditions

- maximum number of members per team is 20

- each team member has to start out with an $80 bankroll on 2NL and strictly follow our bankroll management guidelines (40 stack minimum rule):

- at the initial 2NL starting level, there will be a stop loss of 20 stacks imposed, so if a player's BR falls below $40 they must stop playing at that point and should consult with their coach.

If your bankroll exceeds...

...$100 you may take your first shot at 5NL, but have to move down to 2NL if you fall back to $80
...$240 you may take your first shot at 10NL, but have to move down to 5NL if you fall back to $200
...$464 you may take your first shot at 16NL, but have to move down to 10NL if you fall back to $400
...$740 you may take your first shot at 25NL, but have to move down to 16NL if you fall back to $640
...$1200 you may take your first shot at 50NL, but have to move down to 25NL if you fall back to $1000

- each team member has to play a minimum number of 10K hands between Sept 15th and October 14th, and send all their hands (original PokerStars hand history .txt files) to their team trainer.

- The winning team will be the one who accumulates the most profit.

The deadline for submitting hands will be 01:00 E.T. on Monday October 15th (giving you time to play right up til the last minute if you like then pull and send the hands). Emails are: dave@mypokerschoolonline.com and xflixx@myintellipoker.com

- each team member has to post regular short statements about their current performance in the team's blog thread.

Prizes*:

-Members of the winning team will each receive an $11 ticket

-Members of the losing team will each receive a $5.50 ticket

-Each team's MVP (Most Valuable Player, as defined by making the most profit for the team) will receive a $22 ticket in addition to the team prize of the $11 or $5.50 ticket

-All participants will have access to a $5.50 buy in private tournament with $100 ADDED to the prize pool.

*Eligibility to receive the added prizes: A player must complete the minimum of 10K hands played for the month OR have been stopped by their coach for reaching the 20 stacks lost at 2nl bankroll management rule to be eligible for the added tickets. If a player falls short of 10K hands but completes at least 5k hands for the month, they will not be eligible for tickets, but will gain access to the $100 added private tournament. This is solely to prevent someone from signing up and not really playing but just tagging along for the tickets.

Registration

Please post in this thread if and for which team you would like to register and we will put your name on the list! Registration is open until September 14th at 23:59 ET.

A couple notes:

-We think 10K hands is a reasonable target for 1 month... the first time we ran this challenge it was 2K hands in 1 week, and players had no problem blowing past 2K hands. Even those who don't multi-table were able to do this easily playing Zoom.

-A player who does not complete the 10K hands for whatever reason, will still have their bankroll total counted in the team totals.

Team 6-max
Croyd93
wikked76
ForrestFive
willhebe
Sandtrap777
PIG SICK
ruffcut68
crig121212
mytton
bearxing
Barbzz
adsthepro777
TheAwesomeNW
dannyb198888
TrustySam

Team Full Ring
EdinFreeMan
royalraise85
akselerons
Roland GTX
Kjernekar
stedds
MrSmith999
stedy_eddie
wiltshireman
73REX73
rivsoft
Garrns
magiciantom
ferdyr77
DezWalker

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Sat Sep 15, 2012 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: updating team lists

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
I'm in on the 6 max side again, looking forward to this it was lots of fun last time

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 01:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
is this applicable to zoom games as well?

cause if it is, i'm on 6max as well...

bring it!!

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 02:50 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Yes, absolutely! Players may play regular tables or Zoom, or a combination of both, at their discretion.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Yes, absolutely! Players may play regular tables or Zoom, or a combination of both, at their discretion.

thanks for the reply Dave

yep, count me in, on the 6max team please?

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
I am going to switch teams and play for the Full Ring team for this challenge.

Looking forward to it.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 03:23 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
Sticking with "Team 6-max" please.

Something to look forward to. Hot water boiler and car gave up today. Not a happy bunny.

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 03:37 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Count me in with Ed on the FullRing Team please!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 30, 2012, 09:05 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2011
6 max for me again please.

Old
Fri Aug 31, 2012, 01:06 AM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Thanks for coming along!

I will update the team lists in the OP periodically. If during this process I miss someone, it's an accident, just post again and remind me what a silly fool I am and I'll get you added.

PS- Flix is on holiday and will be back right before the start, so if team 6-max has any questions prior to then I'll help answer them.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 31, 2012, 01:18 AM
(#11)
I'm in for another 6 max

Old
Fri Aug 31, 2012, 04:10 AM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2010
Ok, this time I already made a yellow sticker on my monitor - so I dont forget about this challenge.

Count me in Full ring team.

Old
Fri Aug 31, 2012, 05:37 AM
(#13)
I'm in for Team Full Ring - Roland GTX

I'm happy that this challenge will be running for a month now. The added time ought to allow us to move up to higher levels which should make the challenge even more exciting, as well as resulting in significantly more fpps

Roland GTX

PS: I would be up for a similar challenge playing Omaha... perhaps PLO HiLo.

Last edited by Roland GTX; Fri Aug 31, 2012 at 05:39 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 31, 2012, 08:22 AM
(#14)
Since: May 2012
This sounds like fun, I wish I played more hands so I could compete. At the moment I get about 4-5k hands per month as I only single table on the regular tables. Give me a few months to improve my game and start multi-tabling and I'll join you guys.

Good luck to everyone competing!

Old
Sat Sep 01, 2012, 11:46 PM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2011
I'd like to participate on the full-ring team.

- Thomas / Kjernekar

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 06:45 AM
(#16)
Langolier

Before this challenge starts, could you please post a reminder of how to export hh from HEM1 based on date and buyin...?

Thanks!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 09:47 AM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2011
Recently been trying to grind up a tiny bankroll playing 45 mans and 90 mans, with some cash mixed in recently, just to build up my skill in all sorts of tournament spots, and get a greater all round understanding of the game.

Was watching ahar's series on that and loved the idea.

I'm on about $50 just now and playing some 6max zoom (i know not great br but im confident i can beat it). If i get up to the $80 in time i would love to play. I'll let you know closer to the time.

Old
6 max challeng - Mon Sep 03, 2012, 11:54 AM
(#18)
Since: Dec 2010
im in for team 6max if they want me

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 01:56 PM
(#19)
(Head Trainer)
@ Roland, you bet, I'll do that

@ craig, glgl, hope you make it!

@ PIG, welcome aboard

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Talking
6max - Mon Sep 03, 2012, 02:22 PM
(#20)
Since: Dec 2010
ty dave

Last edited by PIG SICK; Mon Sep 03, 2012 at 02:40 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com