Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

What do you think?

Old
What do you think? - Sun Sep 02, 2012, 03:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi guys,

This was the final table of a play-money 27-man SNG. We were all ITM.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...975_ACCD8A49E8

FLOP: So the opp on the button was loose and had played a previous hand in a similar way before (betting huge to rep the nuts without actually having it) to which he was called down. It is for this reason I checked the flop with the flush and a straight flush draw - I wanted to give him the opportunity to bluff at it especially since he was on the button. As expected he did lead out with a large bet to which I just called so that if I hit my straight flush I could stack off if he had a flush as well.

TURN: I decided to lead out with a kind of "know where I'm at bet". I wanted to induce a raise to better put him on a hand. When he clicked backed I figured he was trying to rep trips. I didn't believe he had any piece of this board or maybe a pair of 5 at best.

RIVER: Ok that river was just cruel and his bet made me think he had the nuts and was trying to extract value from a worse fullhouse. I tanked and in the end decided to shove because I figured he was bluffing considering he has done a similar thing before and was willing to accept if I was beat...But he FOLDED!!!

What do you think?

Regards,

RFlush007

Last edited by RFlush007; Sun Sep 02, 2012 at 03:25 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 02, 2012, 04:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey RFlush007,

I think you played the hand decently enough and got the villain to commit a lot of his chips on a bluff which is awesome

The only thing I personally would of done differently would be to check/call the river because when we raise the river we are representing a full house and will only be called by a hand that beats us, thus we are turning out flush into a bluff.

Nice hand , Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com