Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Back to S&Gs, super MTTs.

Old
Back to S&Gs, super MTTs. - Sun Sep 02, 2012, 07:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Today, I made a decision to stick to STTs, and the super MTTs with more than 180s or 360s. I play better 9 handed, knowing that I can watch usually 5 or 6 of those players,and know(usually) before playing my first 5 hands, who should be there to fight for the $$ spots, giving me freeway to clear off the 5 or 6 I'm watching.

Old
Sun Sep 02, 2012, 07:52 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Mon Sep 03, 2012 at 07:59 AM..

Old
Sun Sep 02, 2012, 08:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
GL Stakehorse!

Remember this hand where I pretended to have a Q, except you had it for real? rotfl

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=EB9E41648E

I'm sure you'll do great

PS I hope they fix the replayer soon ... the hands don't show half the time :/

Old
Sun Sep 02, 2012, 08:45 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hey you know what, I was thinking of maybe making a deposit so I would be eligible to play in those Depositor Freerolls every night, since Zoom seems to get so tought between 8pm-12pm.

You think they're good value? It costs me something like $4 to make a deposit on credit card, and I don't want to spend any more on rebuys and add-ons, so I'd have to be able to make at least $4 to break even ... :/

Old
Sun Sep 02, 2012, 09:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Sam. There is also a special 20% WCOOP reload bonus available now.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by bearxing; Mon Sep 03, 2012 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: typo

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 08:06 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxing View Post
Hi Sam. There is also a special 20^ WCOOP reload bonus available now.

Good luck
Doug

This is the reload I used, 20% deposit bonus, you get about a month and a half to clear it, and you need 100 VPPs/$5 to clear it. For a $25.00 deposit, it gives you a $5 bonus.

Bonus code for this is 'WCOOP'

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 08:55 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Hey you know what, I was thinking of maybe making a deposit so I would be eligible to play in those Depositor Freerolls every night, since Zoom seems to get so tought between 8pm-12pm.

You think they're good value? It costs me something like $4 to make a deposit on credit card, and I don't want to spend any more on rebuys and add-ons, so I'd have to be able to make at least $4 to break even ... :/
Minimum Deposit is $10 for me if it is $4 for you is a very good value, re-buy of 0.30 for 1200 chips 3x max. + add on 2000 chips each game.

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 09:14 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
Just remember any bonus is there to reward the poker site and not you but if you're going to deposit any way you might as well take up any offers.

The last time Stars ran a similar promotion to this I over stretched myself and broke even over the period. Considering I had a 15% ROI only clearing the bonus and making no profit made no sense to me.

I will take up the WCOOP bonus but I will forget about it and just play my normal game. I did say I was going to play the bonus game and take whatever I can from the site but it means shifting cash around frequently.

I'm not sure if the $1k freerolls are great value but if you're a beginner then I suppose the practice with a chance to win some real cash would maybe be better.

There is also a talksport bonus code but also Pokerstars Radio will be announcing a deposit bonus if you listen to their show.

HTH.

Last edited by Ovalman; Mon Sep 03, 2012 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2011
@Trustysam I looked into it for a friend and I think its a great offer/promotion providing you are comfortable with turbos (this was the reason I didnt deposit)

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 06:05 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Hey, thx for the ideas everybody!!

I used to play a lot more, but the zoom games seem to have been getting harder after 8pm, and so my VPP's have gone down from about 400 a month to about 150.

So then I've been wondering about what to do ... commit to playing x number of hours a day anyways, just for the practice? Or try doing something else at those times, like the Depositor Freerolls or STT's?

The price of the Depositor Freerolls can't be beat, eh? That's very tempting if they only cost, well $0 haha . But then maybe to really have a chance to cash you have to be willing to get the rebuy and/or add-on, and so the $1000 prize pool is maybe more like overlay instead of pure freeroll? I guess it's still pretty good value though, eh?

And then I kind of forgot about the fact that there's a lot of beginner beginners, and that it's a turbo ... now that I think about it, don't the games play a lot like the Open League? So that could get kind of frustrating, eh?

I guess the 20% reload bonus would be a nice deal if I was still making 400VPP's a month ... that'd be an extra $20, minus the $4 it costs to deposit. Except the games aren't as fun when they're packed with regulars, so I still can't decide if I want to play more or less in EST evening times.

Guess I'll have to decide sooner rather than later if there's a deadline for making a deposit for the WCOOP bonus, eh?

Thanks so much everybody for the info!!

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 06:11 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Hey, thx for the ideas everybody!!

I used to play a lot more, but the zoom games seem to have been getting harder after 8pm, and so my VPP's have gone down from about 400 a month to about 150.

So then I've been wondering about what to do ... commit to playing x number of hours a day anyways, just for the practice? Or try doing something else at those times, like the Depositor Freerolls or STT's?

The price of the Depositor Freerolls can't be beat, eh? That's very tempting if they only cost, well $0 haha . But then maybe to really have a chance to cash you have to be willing to get the rebuy and/or add-on, and so the $1000 prize pool is maybe more like overlay instead of pure freeroll? I guess it's still pretty good value though, eh?

And then I kind of forgot about the fact that there's a lot of beginner beginners, and that it's a turbo ... now that I think about it, don't the games play a lot like the Open League? So that could get kind of frustrating, eh?

I guess the 20% reload bonus would be a nice deal if I was still making 400VPP's a month ... that'd be an extra $20, minus the $4 it costs to deposit. Except the games aren't as fun when they're packed with regulars, so I still can't decide if I want to play more or less in EST evening times.

Guess I'll have to decide sooner rather than later if there's a deadline for making a deposit for the WCOOP bonus, eh?

Thanks so much everybody for the info!!

Old
Mon Sep 03, 2012, 10:41 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Well, so I made a deposit I didn't need, just so I could play the Depositor Freerolls this month. Always fun to try different things, just to keep things fresh, eh?

Somebody at my first table said he's come in first a couple of times. And then so I asked him if he had any tips, and he said the key for him was "cunning and patience". Then I looked over at his VPIP/PFR and it was 100/40 after 15 hands

I guess everything's relative, eh?

It should be easy to min-cash with an add-on, even if card-dead, because I barely played a hand (AKs<AA then double-rebuyed, AJo shove increased my stack by about 40%), then I had this hand - are these things ever like the Open League.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=7DAA92EB8B

I guess sometimes it's just not your day. But there's always tomorrow, and I've got access to these for the entire month, so hopefully I can pick up a couple of cashes and get some practice playing turbo tourneys in the process. It's nice fun, anyways

Not sure if I'll bother with rebuys after today ... I only did the rebuy because it was my first day, and I wanted the whole experience, you know? Will see how it goes

Sam

Old
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 08:01 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I stopped playing the depositor freerolls, I was rebuying, and if you don't, all of a sudden, the add on, with a pile more chips for $.30, I tried a few times w/o add on, and everyone else has about 30,000 and if you're running better than average chips before the add-on, the add on buries your stack. I'll take the $5 bonus, don't need to rebuy to get it.

Old
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 08:27 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
Please Note: Deposits must be made before 23:59 ET on September 4. You will have 45 days from the time of your qualifying deposit to clear your bonus. Any bonus that has not been cleared after that time will be lost. This offer is limited to one deposit per player. If you cash out during the bonus period before making a qualifying deposit, you will become ineligible for this offer.

You still got 15 hrs 30 mins to made up your mind@Sam

Good Luck.

Old
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 09:01 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
^^^ Oh ho!!

Thx so much for noticing that deadline Hitman I never would have noticed myself, and was able to make another deposit with the other code. I want it all!!

Is it weird that my bankroll is about 90% deposits and about 10% winnings? lol ... oh well

Ya, Stakehorse I was worried about that ... feeling pressure to buy those rebuys and/or add-ons, and then winding up spending more money than I intended. And part of why I wanted to play these freerolls is to try and see what playing would be like if I didn't worry so much about min-cashing to make my money back and stuff.

Was thinking maybe I could use some of my WCOOP bonus to buy the rebuys/add-ons? (Good thing I made that 2nd deposit hehe! ) I'll have to see how that goes so I'll know what to do next month. Will keep everybody posted!

PS Thx Hitman for the well-wishes in the other thread!

PPS And can everybody else see Stakehorse's replayer hand in post #2? Anybody else who can't see it?

Old
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 10:00 PM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Sam. "Is it weird that my bankroll is about 90% deposits and about 10% winnings? lol ... oh well" Don't feel bad. Some peoples bankroll is 100% deposit 1% remaining. You are way ahead of them. Evn better you will meet a lot of them playing the depositors freerolls. Easy chips for you.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 12:48 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Oh yeah, so true ... my winnings used to be $0, so any winnings are good winnings, eh?

Old
Thu Sep 06, 2012, 01:47 PM
(#18)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Ya, Stakehorse I was worried about that ... feeling pressure to buy those rebuys and/or add-ons, and then winding up spending more money than I intended. And part of why I wanted to play these freerolls is to try and see what playing would be like if I didn't worry so much about min-cashing to make my money back and stuff.
You can definitely get itm without rebuys or the addon, with a bit of luck in the right spots, which you clearly didn't have with your JJ .

Remember you should be happy he is calling your allin with Q7s even though it didn't work out for you.

Quote:
PPS And can everybody else see Stakehorse's replayer hand in post #2? Anybody else who can't see it?
Seems bugged, looks like it's this replay:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=A9CB79CCB1

Old
Thu Sep 06, 2012, 10:15 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Oh, that's good to hear Garrns about how I shouldn't feel like I have to buy any rebuys or add-ons

Haven't yet made it to the add-on phase, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I got there But one of these days I'm sure it's gonna happen, eh? I guess if my hands aren't holding, then next best thing would be if my run-good's getting all saved up for the day I've got a decent sized stack and go into a hand behind and manage to pull out a win and last a little longer

I've been having fun trying different things to try and build a stack

1. Playing tight and winding up playing for stacks with premium hands

2. Limping with speculative hands and hoping to flop something really good

3. Bluffing (this one didn't go so well - I think the person had the hand I was trying to represent :/ )

And haven't tried rebuying to start off with a bigger stack, which I'd usually do with a rebuy. But that's good to hear you never bothered either and that things turned fine ... those could start adding up pretty quickly if you do it every day, eh? It's been rather nice to have that chance to win a prize every day, and not even have to pay for that chance, so it's nice to hear that others have been playing it the same way too

Thx for the reassurances!!

Old
Sun Sep 09, 2012, 06:44 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
I know the replayer isn't showing me it. Although it was when I first posted it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com