Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl, kk oop

Old
2nl, kk oop - Tue Sep 04, 2012, 10:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
Villain's passive play has led to me to a conclusion that I'm ahead which proved to be wrong as you can see. Again had no specific reads, played just few hands on that table.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 10:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
I'd say to make your 3bet sizing a little bigger, yes you have a monster hand, but KK in a multiway pot means more likely to get sucked out on. Also you want to get all the chips in.

He has TT and hits a set, nothing wrong with the hand, he got there, the money was going in every time, nothing to do about it. He could certainly be calling down with worse.

Old
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 01:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Yes I think a key point has been hit on above, that you should be three-betting much bigger.

The first reason is that we have a monster hand and want to build a big pot. Our opponents are going to continue often even if we raise to 32 here. The other is that we are out of position and would rather get money into the pot preflop out of position as it will make things easier for us in the future.

As played postflop it looks like a hand well played to me, unlucky.

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 12:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
Thank you, Craig and Gareth.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com