Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

10c 360 SNG K9o Shoving to steal the blinds

Old
10c 360 SNG K9o Shoving to steal the blinds - Tue Sep 04, 2012, 04:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
I played my first 10c 360 SNG today and finished 2nd place . Going over it again I am unsure about some decisions I made, such as this one:

The BB is sitting below 3 BBs so I expect him to shove with most hands. The SB is relatively new to the table, but has been rather passive so far, so I expect him to fold to an all in (might be overly optimistic). I wouldn't consider my own image overly aggressive (it's not like I am trying to steal every time I am on the button).

Running some combinations through poker stove and calculating EV I get +EV for practically anything, ranging from the BB calling with any hand to the BB calling only with 10% of hands, always assuming the SB folds.

Is this play "right"? Or maybe better: Is it not horribly wrong? Even though it didn't work out this time?

Old
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 04:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
***moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 07:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Garrns,

Congrats on the result.

I think this is a great shove. You will get alot of folds from the SB since they will be on the line if they call so they need a hand. Add to that there are smaller stacks around so some players might be trying to sqeak up the prizes.

Vs the BB, K9o as you've mentioned plays perfectly against a stack that short no matter what hand they show up with. Add to it there probably are some times the BB has hands like 72, 23 etc that they might be actually folding.

Nice play, just unlucky.

Thanks
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com