Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6max zoom: wrong spot to cbet

Old
2NL 6max zoom: wrong spot to cbet - Wed Sep 05, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
Hey,
I just played this hand in zoom and was thinking about it afterwards.

I'm not sure if this is too loose an open but I'll usually play that hand from this position.

The main thing I'm thinking. The board comes and totally misses me, however the button caller, it could hit his range, and he has the power of position.

Thinking back on it I don't think I should cbet this board as I'm just giving away chips, anyone else got another opinion on this?

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 11:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Craig

This is a good spot to look at. I would say that you are opening a shade too loose in this spot. Maybe KTo is a hand for the cutoff , but its a small thing.

The flop I think you played perfectly. An ace high flop like this will get a lot of respect from his small pocket pairs and air hands. What's more is that you do have a draw to a very powerful hand when called, and can draw out against 9X and JX by hitting a king sometimes as well. So its not all bad when called and you should get a fair amount of folds, enough to justify continuation betting. On ace high boards it is ok to shut down and give up on future streets, not wanting to "burn money."

Old
Wed Sep 05, 2012, 12:21 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
In normal 6-max games I'll wait to the cutoff for this hand, but because it's zoom and just so much fast folding I usually risk it, I'll look over my HEM stats and see if it's negative for the hand in this spot, might be time to analyse that sort of thing for me.

But thanks , really wasn't sure whether I should be c-betting here, I'll keep that in mind for future hands.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com