Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Took down the $1 pokerstars radio tournament

Old
Took down the $1 pokerstars radio tournament - Thu Sep 06, 2012, 05:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Hey guys,

Anyone who listens to wcoop radio would know what I am talking about, there is a $1 hyper turbo tourney that runs daily. The winner gets a chance to answer the phone with 'the phrase that pays' (Which was "Matt Broughton, handsome, for a man" (btw Matt Broughton is a co-host with the hilarious Joe Stapleton) which rewards them with an additional $215 ticket - and that winner was me!!

I started HU with 19k vs 148k, double ups on the 1st hand with 66 and again with QQ on the 3rd hand got me thinking I still have a chance! (I was still slightly behind after those 2 souble ups).

I was sort of card dead but ran amazingly, and ended up taking it down for $62

I obviousy used all of my run good in that tournament (so worth it though) because I didnt even come close to cashing in any of my other tournies for the morning

So now I have a $215 WCOOP ticket, I am planning to play event-63 with it (starts at 1am local time , stakes much much higher than I have ever played before I can't work out whether I should late reg to avoid the 200BB stage, I know that I would be folding most hands early on anyway.

I still can't believe any of it really, lol

Chris

Old
Thu Sep 06, 2012, 06:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Wow mate...So cool....keep it up and get your money's worth in the tourney...

Old
Thu Sep 06, 2012, 06:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbzz View Post
Hey guys,
Anyone who listens to wcoop radio would know what I am talking about.......
I was sort of card dead but ran amazingly, and ended up taking it down for $62.........
I still can't believe any of it really, lol
Chris
Yeah, I listen to it, it's a great show.

Nice one Chris

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 06, 2012, 07:00 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Congrats!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 06, 2012, 10:18 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Woah, that's exciting!! Congrats, and GL with the ticket!!

That was a great hand you posted in HA with some really interesting analysis there ...welcome to the forum!!

Old
Fri Sep 07, 2012, 04:31 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
I didn't listen last night but I listend to the previous shows. I only cashed once in that tourney.

Congrats and take it down with that ticket

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com